Finally got an analog C-Band feed with my microbud !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
40" microbud settings question.

Good morning to all ............ I installed my asc-421 lnb last night and I used the pictures that others posted in the forums to get my setup and I think it looks pretty good. It is snugged up nicely against the Invacom QHP-031, with the scaler ring slightly higher and the lnb part at the same level as the Invacom and the short cable running into my diseqc switch and aiming right at the centre of the dish. What should my settings be , using a Fortec LTU ??????

LNB type: standard or single sl or sh ????
LNB frequency: ?????
22 kHz: OFF
DiSEqC: #1
LNB power: on
TP: ???????
Positioner Setting: usals
Scan: fta

I'm really anxious to get this baby working and I'm home all day today , but it is overcast and drizzling out. Not exactly prime microbud weather I'm guessing.

Thanks for any input ..................... MK

Thanks for the quick response PSB. Did you have to use the 1.2 to move the dish or was the usals actual setting good. I'm in Manitoba and I'm trying the 2 Anik satellites first.

I never motorized the 40" dish, just moved it by hand, good luck!

OK ..... so you have a dish dedicated to microbud only, so I'm guessing your lnb is in the middle and by itself.

Can anyone with a multiple lnb setup for the 40" c band project, let me know if they have to move the dish using 1.2 or is the positioning of the asc-421 the major objective. That would be sweet if you didn't have to adjust the usaul setting.............. thanks.

I now have a 6' mesh dish, when I was using the 40" I had the LNB right in the middle on the LNB holder. Your elevation to the satellite may also be off now after adding the ASC-421, I had to reset the elevation, so having two LNB's on the same dish may not work for you . C-Band is much more forgiving when dish pointing.

Pete, when you say the elevation may be off, do you mean because of the extra weight or is it something else ??? After adding the asc-421, my signal and quality hasn't changed from the Invacom Ku side of things ....... MK

mk279 said:
Good morning to all ............ I installed my asc-421 lnb last night and I used the pictures that others posted in the forums to get my setup and I think it looks pretty good. It is snugged up nicely against the Invacom QHP-031, with the scaler ring slightly higher and the lnb part at the same level as the Invacom and the short cable running into my diseqc switch and aiming right at the centre of the dish. What should my settings be , using a Fortec LTU ??????

LNB type: standard or single sl or sh ????
LNB frequency: ?????
22 kHz: OFF
DiSEqC: #1
LNB power: on
TP: ???????
Positioner Setting: usals
Scan: fta

I'm really anxious to get this baby working and I'm home all day today , but it is overcast and drizzling out. Not exactly prime microbud weather I'm guessing.

Thanks for any input ..................... MK

I'm at work right now, but I'm pretty sure I had to use the single sl setting for the LNB type on my Fortec receiver. When I use standard, I get a strong signal but no quality. I have my c-band lnbf set a couple inches lower than where I had my KU lnbf. I started with it at the same height and couldn't get anything.

Thanks Mike ........... that gives me a starting point to do some tweeking. The only problem is that with the weather being so crappy here today this could all be a moot point. I think Pete did say that c band isn't as touchy as KU, so I'm hoping for something/anything (give me a sign) to get me on the right track ............Thanks, MK

In the "search" , type in 40" c-band or microbud and I think 2 separate threads will come up. There are some interesting pictures etc there. That is what I used to get started.......... looking at the pictures.

I've just picked up the "Shepherds Chapel Network" on G4 at 99*tr.16 with my slaved Toshiba ..... its sparkly, but definitely visible with decent audio. Thats the good news ....... the bad news is my Fortec has my dish aimed at Anik F2 at 111*. I have the ASC-421 set to the left of my Invacom (facing the front of dish). These 2 sats are 12 degrees apart and I don't believe I can get the 2 lnb's any closer because of the scaler ring on the C band lnb. Is it a matter of maybe twisting the c band lnb a bit to the center or I am totally off base. It's kind of exciting , but at the same time puzzling and frustrating ................hence the fun of this project I guess.

Follow up to the above post ......... I used the 1.2 and gave it 3 nudges to the east and the picture even got clearer. I was also able to get another channel , but it was quite sparkly. I was also able to get a shopping ch on G11 while my Fortec was aimed at G4. Not quite the 12 degree plus spread from Anik 111 to G4 at 99*.

The question now is .......... how can can I program these setting with the weird differences in degrees. I haven't yet been able to get a KU signal with the C Band setup. I have lots of tweeking to do, but I am not sure where to start.

:confused: :confused:

With USAL you can adjust the degrees, at least on the 3500s. For mine I needed to move .5* west for G10 on my 80cm dish. Havent setup the C band yet, dont have the base for it.

I guess you would create a cband setup with different values. That makes sense, but how many degrees is 3 nudges etc..........trial and error I guess.

I'm not even totally convinced I have the correct focal point and angle yet. I'm going from other members posts and pictures, but my looks fairly similar and I know I am in the ballbark as I'm getting a little C band analog ...........no KU yet, but its still early in the game.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts