Finally got D* yesterday, this HR34 is pretty cool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep, try recording ESPN, Discovery, Spike, TLC, and NatGeo at one time on a hopper and see how far it gets.

or if you're an olympics fan
Bravo
MSNBC
NBCSportsNet
your local NBC

and still have a tuner left :)
(or record the basketball channel too)

Thanks for the link to the converter. I will order one tonight. This will take care of my only complaint.

As far as Hopper vs HR34, I just think that having the 5 tuners, and the other T.V.'s in the house not needing any of those tuners, makes it so there won't be any conflicts when viewing T.V. The Hopper, with the Joey's needing a tuner from the DVR, just wouldn't work at our house.

Sounds just like my house. Typical house of 4 and there would never be any tuners free to record our programming if we went with the hopper setup.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

The link to the coax to optical converter didn't work for me. Could someone repost it?

HR34 & Whole House Function?

I'm struggling with understanding this capability and my search didn't turn up an HR34 facts and abilities post. I currently have an HR21 and an HR22 using swm. I basically maintain identical series recordings because I never know which one I will be watching. I find I always need to record two and watch one live and my current setup doesn't support that unless I room hop. If I had an HR34 and either the 21 or 22 can I have a similar setup as the Hopper/Joey by using the whole house function? How does it work? Also, does the HR34 solve the performance problem with slow guides and channel switching that my two receivers suffer from now?

If I tell the D* rep that I will go to Dish for the function unless he gives me the HR34 for free will he do it? I have been a customer since 1996.

I thought the HRs all can do multiroom viewing?

I have a HR34, HR24, and two H25's. I can go on any room and see the recordings and what is currently recording. It looks the same in all the rooms. The H25's can start recordings on either receiver as it prompts them. When you are on the HR it only starts recordings on itself.

It's a pretty neat setup and its nothing like the hopper joey setup...it's much better as it is scalable and of course the HR34 has 5 tuners and the other receivers don't borrow one of the 5 to watch live tv.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Is the hr34 faster than the hrxx when handling the guides, menus, and changing channels?

Is the hr34 faster than the hrxx when handling the guides, menus, and changing channels?

The HR34 guide is a laggy piece of turd... For the sake of the other DTV DVRs I should HOPE its not faster than them. I'm not sure how much progress is being made in the CE releases.

My HR34 really has lag issues in the guide when those dumbarse banners are up like around the 500's. Rest of the time it's not bad. There was a CE awhile back I thought would be given to us since we have not had a NR in forever, and it was quite good from comments. Im a little pissed we were getting tweaks regularly, now they have just stopped.

I don't notice much lag with the HR34. I would say it is as fast as my 722 was with Dish. I had Cablevision a few years back, and that is what I call lag! Whenever the guide hangs up a little with satellite, I just remember my days with cable and all is well with the world.

We are getting a storm blowing through right now. I acutally lost signal a few minutes before it started raining. Funny thing is, it started to pour, and the signal came back during the downpour. I have lost signal a few times this week during rain. With Dish, I only seemed to loose it during the downpour itself. Are the heavy clouds coming in making me loose the signal?

We are getting a storm blowing through right now. I acutally lost signal a few minutes before it started raining. Funny thing is, it started to pour, and the signal came back during the downpour. I have lost signal a few times this week during rain. With Dish, I only seemed to loose it during the downpour itself. Are the heavy clouds coming in making me loose the signal?

heavy cloud coverage will usually do it for me as well and not the rain itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts