Finally Had Enough! -- Moved to Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally Had Enough---Moved to Dish

guffy1 said:
No, the routine of spreading blatantly bogus information on what is supposed to be an informative message board is getting old.

Also, pay attention..The OPS statements have nothing to do with "what you saw coming"

If people like Little Dish Guy didn't post fairly regularly, then guffy 1 and vurbano wouldn't have a reason for living. They bitch continually about D* (instead of switching) because they enjoy it soooooo much.

Is D* perfect? Of course not, but guess what, neither is E* or Comcast or any other cable company. People choose whatever they have because it fits their particular needs/finances/viewing habits best at that given point in time.

That's a miniscule part of what the 4th of July is all about!

tds4182 said:
If people like Little Dish Guy didn't post fairly regularly, then guffy 1 and vurbano wouldn't have a reason for living. They bitch continually about D* (instead of switching) because they enjoy it soooooo much.

Is D* perfect? Of course not, but guess what, neither is E* or Comcast or any other cable company. People choose whatever they have because it fits their particular needs/finances/viewing habits best at that given point in time.
Good points.

Actually, price, customer service, and product offerings are the three main elements to choosing any HD provider.

All the HD providers have churn (switchers), and they tend to be neutrallized in the overall numbers amongst themselves for the most part.

I do agree that competition is good. Each HDTV service provider has their own plusses and minuses, and these even vary further based on your personal location for service (installers are even another issue).

On the other hand, after a number of years of stiff competition, newer equipment, newer technology, expensive promotions, and expanded HD channel content provider offerings, the positions of the HDTV service providers have remained relatively unchanged - only the total numbers of subscribers has grown.

tds4182 said:

That's a miniscule part of what the 4th of July is all about!

I already switched to E*..And I havent posted a bitch about D* here or anywhere else in months..Show me where I have smart guy..

Just more misinformation from someone that cant back it up...

Finally Had Enough---Moved to Dish

guffy1 said:
Your friends in the business are smoking crack..Either that or they are blind..Or possibly they are just plain idiots..

Re your post about not posting a criticism of D* in months

Guess the above quoted post doesn't count as criticism!

A little hypersensitive aren't we?

tds4182 said:
Re your post about not posting a criticism of D* in months

Guess the above quoted post doesn't count as criticism!

A little hypersensitive aren't we?

You need to get your facts straight pal, you are making a fool of yourself..

Yes, I did criticize D* today..

I am not bitching about anything though, and I havent bitched about anything regarding D* in months.. Only criticizing, which is an entirely different monster than your claim of me bitching about D*on a daily basis with nothing better to do..

So one last time then, and read this carefully this time so you dont make more of a moron of yourself than you already have, show me a post where I bitched about D* in the last 4 months......Im waiting...YAWN......

Finally Had Enough--Moved to Dish

I am not bitching about anything though, and I havent bitched about anything regarding D* in months.

One man's "criticism" is another man's "bitching"--it's all a matter of your perspective.

I stand by my previous post!

I think the funniest thing is when you go to the Dish Network threads and read about all the same basic problems and more, yet and the same people that constantly come over here and make comments like "things you DirecTV people will put up with" & "dish is FAR superior; switch" & "can't believe you are waiting on DirecTV" yet they are not saying the same things they should be over there because Dish Network clearly has as many important issues of their own that concern their subscribers. I have had both, side by side; Its just TV and all services clearly have their own set of issues; neither is FAR better, or FAR worse than the other. Just go watch you TV (service of choice).

tds4182 said:

I am not bitching about anything though, and I havent bitched about anything regarding D* in months.

One man's "criticism" is another man's "bitching"--it's all a matter of your perspective.

I stand by my previous post!

Thats what I thought...I'm still waiting :)

charper1 said:
I think the funniest thing is when you go to the Dish Network threads and read about all the same basic problems and more, yet and the same people that constantly come over here and make comments like "things you DirecTV people will put up with" & "dish is FAR superior; switch" & "can't believe you are waiting on DirecTV" yet they are not saying the same things they should be over there because Dish Network clearly has as many important issues of their own that concern their subscribers. I have had both, side by side; Its just TV and all services clearly have their own set of issues; neither is FAR better, or FAR worse than the other. Just go watch you TV (service of choice).

Charper, I cant beleive Im going to say this, but I semi agree with what you're saying here....

DISH definately has their own set of unique problems...No question about it...I dont really think they have the same basic problems as D* though..

There is no problem with the HD PQ that I can see other than CBS and NBC (1080i MPEG-4). Their HDLite Voom channels look excellent to me considering they are HDLite..

DISH has a major problem with that 129 satt though, and their hardware is glitchy at best..

To me they have a different set of problems than D*, but they are problems nonetheless, as you stated...

Last edited:
Hey Guffy, your right...I haven't seen your bitching...ummm, errrr criticizing in months. Wondered if you were ok. Just one question, when my wife complains to me for playing golf for 5 hours on Sunday, is she critcizing or bitching?

FlyingJ said:
Hey Guffy, your right...I haven't seen your bitching...ummm, errrr criticizing in months. Wondered if you were ok. Just one question, when my wife complains to me for playing golf for 5 hours on Sunday, is she critcizing or bitching?

Yes, I know Im right, but thanks for pointing it out :) I got nothing to bitch about, I switched to DISH..

As far as your wife goes, you answered the question already when you referred to her comments as complaining...Complaining and bitching are one in the same, wouldnt you agree?

Last edited:
I just spoke to 2 friends that currently have both D* and E* HD right now as I type this and they both say D* has the better HD picture, (crisper, sharper, more detailed, whatever you want to call it) although the margin is very small. They are both feeding D* and E* to the same monitor and can rapidly switch between services to verify. One friend has a 50” Pioneer Elite and the other is a 42” Dell. These people have no connection to either company and make enough money to not even care what each service costs. They also say that E* hardware is cumbersome to navigate and their guide is lacking compared to D*, but that is not the topic here. One friend is a dealer of high end video and broadcast equipment and has proven to me over the years to be extremely well educated on this topic. Now y’all don’t’ know me or these people from Adam, but I am satisfied with their conclusion. I’m very curious and open minded regarding D* and E* and when I get a chance, I’ll look over both setups and post my own conclusion. On the other hand, taking public advice from someone on this forum who displays extreme bias toward another company does not strike me as a reliable comparison. Does guffmeister even have both services available to A-B compare?
Bob

guffy1 said:
Your friends in the business are smoking crack..Either that or they are blind..Or possibly they are just plain idiots..

little dish guy said:
I just spoke to 2 friends that currently have both D* and E* HD right now as I type this and they both say D* has the better HD picture, (crisper, sharper, more detailed, whatever you want to call it) although the margin is very small. They are both feeding D* and E* to the same monitor and can rapidly switch between services to verify. One friend has a 50” Pioneer Elite and the other is a 42” Dell. These people have no connection to either company and make enough money to not even care what each service costs. They also say that E* hardware is cumbersome to navigate and their guide is lacking compared to D*, but that is not the topic here. One friend is a dealer of high end video and broadcast equipment and has proven to me over the years to be extremely well educated on this topic. Now y’all don’t’ know me or these people from Adam, but I am satisfied with their conclusion. I’m very curious and open minded regarding D* and E* and when I get a chance, I’ll look over both setups and post my own conclusion. On the other hand, taking public advice from someone on this forum who displays extreme bias toward another company does not strike me as a reliable comparison. Does guffmeister even have both services available to A-B compare?
Bob

They must be running some EDTV monitors. Because everyone knows D* is not running 17Mbps+ 1920x1080i streams of HDNet & HDNet Movies like E* is. The proof is in the numbers, no eyes needed.

Fire Sale On Your DirecTV Equipment...

Hey Bobii send me an email (gwlashier@yahoo.com) about what your asking price is for the following:
1 HR10-250 with an extended 5 year warranty
2 1 Directv Plus receiver R15 Mfg 500

There's no question that unless DirecTv changes all their 1080i channels to Full Resolution along with more than average bitrates, they will always have a cloud (full of HD Lite) hanging over them. There is no way to deny that. The numbers and the observations made back it up. To try to hide this is just foolish and nonsensical to the HDTV cause. Just read their statements sent through their csrs committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!! and it is just sad.

P.S. for those that do not want to click on the above link:

Thank you for writing. I am sorry to hear that you are not interested in HD-Lite. HD-Lite is considered the new industry standard for High Definition. HD-Lite carries a resolution of 1080i. Because DIRECTV is the largest High Definition provider and is signing up more High Definition customers the HD-Lite is the new standard adopted by most HD providers.
Thank you again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV (website address edited out) for the latest news and information about our services.
Sincerely,
Christopher A
DIRECTV Customer Service

digiblur said:
They must be running some EDTV monitors. Because everyone knows D* is not running 17Mbps+ 1920x1080i streams of HDNet & HDNet Movies like E* is. The proof is in the numbers, no eyes needed.

Digblur, you may as well be responding to a brick wall..

Forget about this guy..We know the truth, as does anyone else that has done a side by side comparison and posseses even a shred of objective common sense...

Yes I have D* and E*, just for the record..Charter Cable too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)