Finally Had Enough! -- Moved to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
digiblur said:
They must be running some EDTV monitors. Because everyone knows D* is not running 17Mbps+ 1920x1080i streams of HDNet & HDNet Movies like E* is. The proof is in the numbers, no eyes needed.

Want the latest numbers... This is HD NET ON E*, and HD NET MOVIES :D

Attachments

• hdnet.JPG
    hdnet.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 157
Sean Mota said:
There's no question that unless DirecTv changes all their 1080i channels to Full Resolution along with more than average bitrates, they will always have a cloud (full of HD Lite) hanging over them. There is no way to deny that. The numbers and the observations made back it up. To try to hide this is just foolish and nonsensical to the HDTV cause. Just read their statements sent through their csrs committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!! and it is just sad.

They need to fix their 720p channels as well...These channels are just as hideous as their 1080i channels when compared to E*..

guffy1 said:
They need to fix their 720p channels as well...These channels are just as hideous as their 1080i channels when compared to E*..

I know it is just that the 1080i channels stand on your face since there are more than the 720p channels. It is just a complete ridiculous situation what they are doing.

Finally Had Enough--Moved to Dish

Yes I have D* and E*, just for the record..Charter Cable too :)[/QUOTE]

In post #34 of this forum, you stated that you "had switched to E*."

You did not mention anything about adding E* while keeping D*, much less Charter Cable also!

I'm impressed!:rolleyes:

Sean, I understand where you are coming from...but...because of you and Vurbano and Guffy and some others I sought out everyone and anyone in my area with E*. I have seen plasmas, projectors like mine and a couple of DLP units, usually around the 50 inch range. Took my projector to two of the locations and even had four friends with us that know very little about any of this stuff. We checked, ESPN, ESPN 2, Discovery HD HBO and of course took a look at the locals which I get OTA. I saw very little difference and shockingly E* got no more votes on PQ than D*. I don't know what else to say. I understand that the numbers have E* with a higher bitrate, I get it, but in Columbus, Ohio E* just doesn't look any better. Even used the equipment at our local HH Gregg which has a deal with Dish. One other thing,question? I have also asked D* about the HD Lite. Never got the response you did. Did though get a couple of CSR's and a couple of idiots at Best Buy refer to 1080i as HD Lite and 1080P as true HD. Is there anyway that your quote above came from someone in that mindset. I have gone up the chain and received letters and such, never have I gotten anything that says that HD Lite is D*s standard.

I also see it funny we are never supposed to 100% beleive CSR comments but yet that supposed CSR's comment is HD-Lite gospel, even though I don't think it was ever said, nor do I really care, but it is far to easy to "fake" just to stir the pot here, but that doesn't mean I don't think down-rezzing isn't happening, nor does any of that prove one service is any better than the other.

But, The "eyes" do matter, just like your wallet; if your eyes don't like what you see; switch! enough; its all tired already, enjoy your choice.

FlyingJ has the situation down pat in his remarks!

tds4182 said:
Yes I have D* and E*, just for the record..Charter Cable too :)

In post #34 of this forum, you stated that you "had switched to E*."

You did not mention anything about adding E* while keeping D*, much less Charter Cable also!

I'm impressed!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didnt explain things the way you feel I should have :rolleyes:

If you are trying to say that you dont believe me(and it appears that you are), thats more than fine.. Im pretty sure I will still sleep soundly tonight :)

Hey Guff, all 3....any reason in particular you have a post from June 21 stating that you are dying to become a DISH sub ? I only ask because I for the life of me can't figure out once again why you have D* HD you can't stand anything about it, and almost all of your "quotes" are insulting.

FlyingJ said:
Hey Guff, all 3....any reason in particular you have a post from June 21 stating that you are dying to become a DISH sub ? I only ask because I for the life of me can't figure out once again why you have D* HD you can't stand anything about it, and almost all of your "quotes" are insulting.

There is a reason for that.

FlyingJ said:

There is a reason, yes..

Ask Raoul though, he routinely knows everything about me...

Seriously though, if you really want to know my reasons Id be happy to send them to you in a private message..

Theres no reason to carry on with your little clan here though.. It dosent bring anything to the thread at all..

Lemme know if you would like a private message outlying my reasons...

EDIT: All you really need to do is do a more thorough investigation of my post history to uncover the reasons for yourself.

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
Sean, I understand where you are coming from...but...because of you and Vurbano and Guffy and some others I sought out everyone and anyone in my area with E*. I have seen plasmas, projectors like mine and a couple of DLP units, usually around the 50 inch range. Took my projector to two of the locations and even had four friends with us that know very little about any of this stuff. We checked, ESPN, ESPN 2, Discovery HD HBO and of course took a look at the locals which I get OTA. I saw very little difference and shockingly E* got no more votes on PQ than D*. I don't know what else to say. I understand that the numbers have E* with a higher bitrate, I get it, but in Columbus, Ohio E* just doesn't look any better. Even used the equipment at our local HH Gregg which has a deal with Dish. One other thing,question? I have also asked D* about the HD Lite. Never got the response you did. Did though get a couple of CSR's and a couple of idiots at Best Buy refer to 1080i as HD Lite and 1080P as true HD. Is there anyway that your quote above came from someone in that mindset. I have gone up the chain and received letters and such, never have I gotten anything that says that HD Lite is D*s standard.

OK, its a real time consuming pain in the A$$, and Ive done it on occasion but what movie from one of D*'s channels would you like me to extract and post frames of the macroblocking of? To think that this needs to be proven again and again and again to you D* drones and D* service peddlers, installers etc is ridiculous when it is long standing fact documented adinfinitum at AVS. :rolleyes:

Actually Guff, i do know your reasons...I was just wondering why in your post in late June you stated that you are dying to become a E* sub, if you already are?

Vurbano, I once again am not doubting any of your statements. I am just telling you what we see here. If I slow things down enough and freeze a frame in a movie with Jennifer Aniston blinking and having a wierd expression on her face, she doesn't look too good. But, in the real world no one actually sees it and she looks great. Once again I ask, if we can't see it does the difference in the file size demand such a fuss. Dont go to any trouble but if you do this, let me know in advance so I can Tivo it and find the same frame so I can have an idea what it is your looking at. Oh and Guff, unlike Vurbano, who backs his statements up with facts figures and logic, all of which we listen to, your posts are simply pathetic, like a "Vurbano wanna be". Talking about not bringing anything to the thread, you never do.

In Dayton, Ohio I have seen ESPNHD side by side on D* and Time Warner Cable, then E* side by side with Time Warner Cable (during the Ohio State vs Penn State football game last year). There was no doubt D*'s video was the worst. Granted, their HD still looks better than anybody's SD, but it was still very soft.

Anybody who can't see that is either not using an HDTV with the HD feed or does not have the boxes set up correctly. There is no if's, and's, or but's about it, it is night and day when comparing the two.

FlyingJ said:
Actually Guff, i do know your reasons...I was just wondering why in your post in late June you stated that you are dying to become a E* sub, if you already are?

Vurbano, I once again am not doubting any of your statements. I am just telling you what we see here. If I slow things down enough and freeze a frame in a movie with Jennifer Aniston blinking and having a wierd expression on her face, she doesn't look too good. But, in the real world no one actually sees it and she looks great. Once again I ask, if we can't see it does the difference in the file size demand such a fuss. Dont go to any trouble but if you do this, let me know in advance so I can Tivo it and find the same frame so I can have an idea what it is your looking at. Oh and Guff, unlike Vurbano, who backs his statements up with facts figures and logic, all of which we listen to, your posts are simply pathetic, like a "Vurbano wanna be". Talking about not bringing anything to the thread, you never do.
Take a look at Madagascar on D* when the zerba comes riding in on the 2 dolphion surfboard under the wave tunnel. Its bad, reallyyyyyy bad. You dont have to freeze frames. I mean come on for petes sake, we should at least get great animated movies. :(

Last edited:
You can't really blame FlyingJ for not switching, he has obviously never seen the providers side by side on a correctly set up HDTV. Same for the other guy who has two friends who have E* and D*. They obviously have not seen a real HDTV setup with both providers going to them. Otherwise they would change their tune.

guffy1 said:
There is a reason, yes..

Ask Raoul though, he routinely knows everything about me...

Seriously though, if you really want to know my reasons Id be happy to send them to you in a private message..

Theres no reason to carry on with your little clan here though.. It dosent bring anything to the thread at all..

Lemme know if you would like a private message outlying my reasons...

EDIT: All you really need to do is do a more thorough investigation of my post history to uncover the reasons for yourself.

Guffy, I think you owe some of us who happen to disagree with you an apology.

In post #27 you referred to me as a "moron" and, in the above post last night, your exact quote was that we were " a little clan of jerk offs".

I don't know who edited the post to take the "jerk offs" phrase out but I do know this--none of us who disagree with you have ever used this type phraseology to describe you and we'd really appreciate it if you didn't describe us that way.

tds4182 said:
Guffy, I think you owe some of us who happen to disagree with you an apology.

In post #27 you referred to me as a "moron" and, in the above post last night, your exact quote was that we were " a little clan of jerk offs".

I don't know who edited the post to take the "jerk offs" phrase out but I do know this--none of us who disagree with you have ever used this type phraseology to describe you and we'd really appreciate it if you didn't describe us that way.

There will be no apologies...LOL

:D

BTW, it said jack offs, not jerk offs :)

guffy1 said:
There will be no apologies...LOL

:D

BTW, it said jack offs, not jerk offs :)

Same difference--it's sad when someone is so intellectually deficient that they have to resort to that type of language in a post just because someone disagrees with them.

I'm glad to hear that you're honest enough to admit having made the post. There's hope for you at least.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts