Finally Someone Speaks Up

Oh no, no, no, no. The rings are what you play the games for! The QB's job first and foremost, is to lead. Ever notice that most of the MVP's in the Super Bowl are QB's? The great ones win. Point , Set, Match.

Oh no, no, no, no. The rings are what you play the games for! The QB's job first and foremost, is to lead. Ever notice that most of the MVP's in the Super Bowl are QB's? The great ones win. Point , Set, Match.

I know Paul, I was just trying to differentiate the modern era (Super Bowl) Championships from what the pre 1967 Football teams got for winning........... Rings vs. Bologna Sandwiches (or whatever).

A Championship is still a Championship as far as I'm concerned. That's why Otto Graham trumps all other QB's IMO.....

I know Paul, I was just trying to differentiate the modern era (Super Bowl) Championships from what the pre 1967 Football teams got for winning........... Rings vs. Bologna Sandwiches (or whatever).

A Championship is still a Championship as far as I'm concerned. That's why Otto Graham trumps all other QB's IMO.....

Funny ain't it....how PRE-Super Bowl....it's as if professional football was never played! I totally agree with your statement!:up

I have to hold on to the pre-Super Bowl; it's the last time the Lions ever won a Championship. It should be noted that Matt Millen turned 50 on Wednesday. The Lions haven't won a championship in HIS lifetime, and won't as long as he is GM. !8 players drafted in the first 2 rds. of his tenure, 8 remain. How does this guy still have a job? I seriously think I could have done better than that.

DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

It's funny how everybody precludes anything accomplished pre- Super Bowl. It's like the league didn't exist then. Just the same, it's always been difficult to compare player from different eras. Much easier to compare players from the same era. That said, IF championships are the deciding factor... then HD MM has a great argument there.

It all has to do with the merger I think.

Just another question: Did the Browns resign Anderson because of his QB numbers? OR because he is a winner? (Hint: his numbers aren't that great.)

Why start Paul? :(........

Ok here's a few important DA QB stats and league rankings. Did you forget he was in the Pro Bowl too? Keep in mind, DA didn't even take over the reigns of starting QB until the second game of the season..........

Completions- 298 (AFC Rank 4)
Yards- 3,787 (AFC Rank 4)
Yards/Game- 237 (AFC Rank 4)
Touchdowns- 29 (AFC Rank 4)
Sacks- 14 (NFL Rank 31)
QB Rating- 82.5 (AFC Rank 10)

Why start Paul? :(........

Ok here's a few important DA QB stats and league rankings. Did you forget he was in the Pro Bowl too? Keep in mind, DA didn't even take over the reigns of starting QB until the second game of the season..........

Completions- 298 (AFC Rank 4)
Yards- 3,787 (AFC Rank 4)
Yards/Game- 237 (AFC Rank 4)
Touchdowns- 29 (AFC Rank 4)
Sacks- 14 (NFL Rank 31)
QB Rating- 82.5 (AFC Rank 10)

Aw. come on HD, the point I was making is that the numbers aren't everything, the numbers that really matter are the win/ loss columns. Personally, I like DA, I like any QB that WINS. At least your team is on the way up the ladder, wish I could say the same about mine.

It all has to do with the merger I think.

Maybe more on point would be the creation of the brand name SUPER BOWL. The emergence of the AFL brought this about, in that it created the game. It's pretty much the dividing line between the "old" era and the "modern" era of the game. It was also the start of the NFL's climb to the top of the heap in professional sports. (That point is arguable, I'll concede maybe equal billing with baseball. Baseball is #1 in my heart. I'm sure that a lot of people will differ on this point). The creation and subsequent marketing of the Super Bowl and the NFL since that period is textbook genius. Before the Super Bowl, the NFL was a poor second to college football in popularity, in this country. The rest is history. Forgotten history at that.

Aw. come on HD, the point I was making is that the numbers aren't everything, the numbers that really matter are the win/ loss columns. Personally, I like DA, I like any QB that WINS. At least your team is on the way up the ladder, wish I could say the same about mine.

I don't necesaarily agree. I think not ONLY do you have to have numbers...but ya gotta be lucky as hell too! Lucky of no major injuries, lucky that you get a call your way on occassion and lucky its not weather to your disadvantage. This is the ONLY thing the NFL and NCCAA football and basketball have....and why they are so much more popular than other sports:

One and done!

With most other sports, when you get to the post season, it's best of 5 or best of 7....and let's be frank, in a long series, the BETTER team always wins(hear that Dalla Maverick Fans....:p;)) I mean a team might luck out and win a game...maybe two....but you don't get "lucky" winning a serious.....sorry, that does not fly! In football, one and done.....so WITH numbers, you GOTTA be a little all around lucky...! And pretty boy has been very lucky that neither he nor and major pegs on the New England offense had major injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts