The Glory Days of Pro Basketball

I think there's still players who are good passers and glass shooters. Tim Duncan for one is great off the glass. Gasol is looking good as a passer and Nash is superb. I think people always look backwards to see what was and wax nostalgic about certain players and faces. The game is as god if not better than it was. Sure there were more set shots back then, but was that as exciting? I don't believe so.

I pretty much think the NBA hit it's high point in the 80's. Any of the top teams of that era could beat the best from any other era. Just my opinion after watching 5 decades of the NBA.

I agree. The 80's were the best, when a team was actually a team. With free agency, there will never be another Celtics-Lakers type rivalry. I do like watching the Jordan games from the early 90's, too though. If you get NBA TV check out Hardwood Classics. The other day they showed Magic's first NBA game from 1979 against the San Diego Clippers. Kareem won it with a sky hook as time expired.

Boston, LA, Detroit, and Philadelphia. Philadelphia had phenomenal talent, and only won one title that decade. Portland was another team with loads of talent, and ended up an also ran, that decade. Jordan's Bulls had to wait until everyone got too old to win anymore, to get their titles. I really don't remember another decade with so much talent in the league. I could list hall of famers from then till the cows come home.

I didn't know the cows were on vacation? I haven't had a vacation in a long time. Why do the cows get to go on a vacation before I do? :D

Boston, LA, Detroit, and Philadelphia. Philadelphia had phenomenal talent, and only won one title that decade. Portland was another team with loads of talent, and ended up an also ran, that decade. Jordan's Bulls had to wait until everyone got too old to win anymore, to get their titles. I really don't remember another decade with so much talent in the league. I could list hall of famers from then till the cows come home.

When I was a young teen I worshiped basketball. I haven't watch a game in the last fifteen years. There is to much hip hop rap crap for my taste. I guess I'm old school.

I didn't know the cows were on vacation? I haven't had a vacation in a long time. Why do the cows get to go on a vacation before I do? :D

You and me both my friend. The best I can manage is a golf weekend in Northern Michigan every other summer, and an out of town bowling tournament every May. Sounds like we both could use some time off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)