Finally upgraded to the hopper 3/4k joey /joey 2.0 today.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No redundancy. No 4X. No red recording in progress LED. Poor OTA. No full HDR and WCG? Latest HDCP and HDMI? And there's more. I'll stick to my two HWSes.

I see nothing compelling, or even interesting, to tempt me to a H3. Now, in 2-3 years, when I might replace my main HDTV with a UHDTV, I might consider a H4.
Ok, Ok, No one is making you upgrade to a hopper 3 .......yet. If you are happy with what you have , then good luck and God Bless. :angel2 I am just saying that I waited quite a while to get this new hopper and other than the ota on the receiver not working right, I haven't noticed the receiver do too many things wrong. It just works pretty well. Now to be honest, I waited for the negative comments and experiences of new hopper 3 subs to die down a bit on this site, before I did my upgrade and I waited till the regular tv season was over. Now by next year at this time , I imagine that this receiver will work with no issues at all. Unless it gets a weird software update . Stranger things have happened in the past.:biggrin

They have a wireless Internet service provider (WISP). Their Internet speed is only about 3.5 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. Do you think this slow service will be an issue for the 4K TVs?
They can forget about receiving any sort of 4K programming, including Netflix or "Dish on Demand" (if/when 4K is offered via it), with that internet speed. The VOD stuff on channel 1/501 will be fine though.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)