Finally

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
Well I finally got my $100.00 rebate from Dish and get this, I only had to bug them one time about it....So to celebrate..LOL... me and the wife went and bought a 57" Mitsubishi 1080P DLP today..!!!!!:):):)

PS, I actually had to talk the wife into letting me buy the TV, since we just bought a Philips 50" DLP this past December....you can guess who's you know what I will be kissing for a while...LMAO

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
They are not going to deliver the new TV until tomorrow, but I sat there and watched it in the store and checked out how SD programming looked on it, so there wouldnt be any surprises after it is delivered

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
I have the 65-inch version of the Mitsubishi DLP set, and it rocks! Great HD picture, and very nice SD picture as well. Some of the manufacturers don't seem to put much effort into getting good SD, but I'm really impressed with the Mitsubishi DLP all around.

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
yeah I was pretty impressed with it in the store, I am glad that you give the Mits a good review, because I have to admit I was looking at it in superb lighting conditions, you know how TV stores are. The philips is a fine set too, but it was only 720P, which is okay, but after having HD for about 3 months now, I wanted to go full 1080P, I know it wont make a hill of beans watching sat programming, since the highest res they are broadcast in is 1080i, but what the heck who knows, maybe I can sweet talk the wife into letting me get a Blue Ray player

Last edited:

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
yeah, exactly! I think I am gonna lay low for a little while and not buy any expensive electronic equipment. When the stimulus payment comes in I have to get a new lawn tractor, so maybe I can ask for the Blue Ray for Christmas...LOL

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
Maybe I can sweet talk the wife into letting me get a Blue Ray player
If you were to go the Blu-ray route, I'd suggest getting a PlayStation 3. It costs about the same as current other Blu-ray players, maybe a bit more, but you get full Blu-ray compatibility, including the BD-Live capability. They just sent out a system update that added that functionality.

Be sure if you get any Blu-ray player to hook it up using HDMI.

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
I would definatly go with a PS3 if I could get a descent price out of my 360, because I would definatly want to sell it after that. I am not sure how much Gamestop would give me for it in store credit.

capman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 23, 2006
CA
They would tell u you're crazy and the PS3 sucks. They are so biased, at least here. I love my PS3, its an all in one machine. I don't even use other dvd player unless my HD DVD player. If the PS3 could play those, it would really be an all in one machine. I hate having so many things hooked up taking up power sockets.

adamwilkes20

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 6, 2008
yeah me too, I like the 360 no doubt, but if I were to get the PS3, I would probably want to buy games for it, then just forget about the 360. I looked at a Sony Blue Ray player tonight at WalMart, it was the only one they had and it was $388.00...and they didnt have any left on the shelves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)