Finally

I just ran into a problem with HDCP. I have an HDMI switch hooked to the TV to add a couple more HDMI slots. When I first tune to HBO, it pops up the HDCP error, but after a second or two, it disappears. Seems like it takes a little bit of time to handshake. But when I tried to play a recorded movie from HBO, I get the HDCP error and then can not watch it! So I had to hardwire the Dish HDMI to the TV and swap another device into the HDMI switch.

Not a huge pain, but a problem I shouldn't have to deal with. I don't like it when I have options arbitrarily taken away from me because some broadcast company has this insane idea that pirating will stop if they harass a person like me who doesn't pirate stuff.

....Not a huge pain, but a problem I shouldn't have to deal with. I don't like it when I have options arbitrarily taken away from me because some broadcast company has this insane idea that pirating will stop if they harass a person like me who doesn't pirate stuff.

So very, very, true. Haven't they learned anything from the open, legal distribution of so much non-copy protected music?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)