Hopper w Sling MOCA issues.

rdavidowski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Caguas, PR
Hi

I have installed a Hopper 1.0 and a Hopper w Sling with 2 joeys. All is kind of working ok exept for MOCA bars beign red in all recievers excluding the hopper w sling which always remains with full green MOCA bars. The thing is that before installing the hopper w sling and the duo node every reciever had full MOCA green bars with a solo node installed. I already tried replacing the duo node for another one and also checked the cabling, every run is RG-6. I have each hopper on each of the host connections of the duo node and each of the joeys on the client side of the node, no splitters or taps and no open ports. Things seem to work ok like changing joeys from hopper to hopper but once in a while changing from one hopper to the other one takes more than one try and also the guide on the joeys once in a while is missing channels. Tried switching host ports on the duo node for the hoppers and same issues continue. Now if I remove the hopper with sling from the duo node and place a 50k terminator in that port all remaining recievers get full green MoCA bars and all issues go away. I also have the hopper 1.0 connected to my router and doing bridging to provide internet to the other recievers. I also try connecting the hopper w sling to the router and also do the bridging and the issues got worse.

Can some one give me some pointers because I have seriously run out of options here. Starting to think there are incompatibility issues between old and new hopper. All hoppers and joeys are on latest software. Hopper w sling software is S302.

Sorry forgot to mention that the duo node is connected to a DP44 switch. And yes I have the power inserter to port one of the DP44 and ports 2,3 and 4 go out to the duo node. But I dought that the switch is causing the issue because it worked before installing the new hopper. All issues with MoCA started when I introduced the new hopper to the mix.

Last edited:
Well I got back home today and for no reason at all everything is now working great. No issues what so ever. But still I am worried because I did not make any changes so nothing explains what really was wrong.

lucky86: Only the hopper 1.0 is connected to the internet and also the only one with bridging on.

Whiteguy: Yes both are outside but they are enclosed in a weather proof box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts