Finding AMC 18 with DVB rec?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I have been trying to find AMC 18 with my DVB receiver (Pansat 3500SD) with no luck at all so far. I know most of the stuff on this sat is mpeg 4 but lyngsat lists quite a few audio channels that I would think my DVB receiver would find. I know the counts for AMC 1 and G16 (27 counts and 4 degrees difference) so my logic is I add half of 27 - 13 counts to the total counts for AMC1 and come up with 1340 counts for the 2 degrees difference between AMC 1 and AMC 18. When I move my BUD there and blind scan I get nothing. I have retired a few counts on each side and sill nothing. Can anyone confirm there is anything on AMC 18 that can be found with a DVB receiver? My plan if I ever find this sat is to use my PCI DVB card and try to pull in NBC. Thanks, DC

Hi all, I have been trying to find AMC 18 with my DVB receiver (Pansat 3500SD) with no luck at all so far. I know most of the stuff on this sat is mpeg 4 but lyngsat lists quite a few audio channels that I would think my DVB receiver would find. I know the counts for AMC 1 and G16 (27 counts and 4 degrees difference) so my logic is I add half of 27 - 13 counts to the total counts for AMC1 and come up with 1340 counts for the 2 degrees difference between AMC 1 and AMC 18. When I move my BUD there and blind scan I get nothing. I have retired a few counts on each side and sill nothing. Can anyone confirm there is anything on AMC 18 that can be found with a DVB receiver? My plan if I ever find this sat is to use my PCI DVB card and try to pull in NBC. Thanks, DC

Unless they have changed something, those audio channels are digicipher. Not DVB compatible. Easiest way to find AMC 18 is to tune AMC 15 Ku band. They are co-located. :)
Plus, if you have AMC 15 zeroed in with maximum Q, AMC 18 will be cake, given proper dish size. :up

---cut---Easiest way to find AMC 18 is to tune AMC 15 Ku band. They are co-located. :)
Plus, if you have AMC 15 zeroed in with maximum Q, AMC 18 will be cake, given proper dish size. :up

Hi Stogie, my BUD is C-Band only so I can't use the AMC 15 Trick. Will try again when I get a chance.

Later, DC

AMC 18 has Digicipher 2 and DVB-S2 muxes only so the DVB receiver won't lock anything.
What PCI card are you using?
The only thing to do is put in the NBC info, move the dish to where you estimate AMC 18 to be based on your count and try to lock the NBC mux. If it doesn't lock, bump the dish East and West slightly until it does.

AMC 18

I have AMC 4 and working great. Are you using a 36 inch dish and Ku LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts