finding satellite 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tiemyshew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
waupun,wi
If I wanted to put up another dish and point it to sat 129 where do I find the angles to set the dish to? Or should I point it to 61.5? I currently have a superdish. I do not use satellite 121 on the superdish so I was thinking to dial in a single dish to 129 and run the wire into the switch I currently have.

If I wanted to put up another dish and point it to sat 129 where do I find the angles to set the dish to? Or should I point it to 61.5? I currently have a superdish. I do not use satellite 121 on the superdish so I was thinking to dial in a single dish to 129 and run the wire into the switch I currently have.

Go with the 61.5 if you can.. much better signal strengths.

Angles:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennasatelazposcalc.html

Prime focus

The link I posted above

This looks like it is for prime focus dishes. I say this due to the fact that I have an E* dish on 61.5 for my HD ( I also have my left over Voom dish) which tells me that the elevation should be in this area app 42 degrees but the calculator states 32. That is a difference of 10.

This looks like it is for prime focus dishes. I say this due to the fact that I have an E* dish on 61.5 for my HD ( I also have my left over Voom dish) which tells me that the elevation should be in this area app 42 degrees but the calculator states 32. That is a difference of 10.

Works fine in my area... 61.5 is 42 in my area and this calculator shows 42.

Repoint 61.5 for HD?

Currently have Dish pointing at 110 and 119. Have a second dish pointing to 61.5. Upgraded to vip622 but Dish wouldn't let me choose HD package because they said I needed to another dish to point to 129. Rather than getting the Dish1000 can't I just repoint the dish at 61.5 to 129. That way I will have 110, 119 and 129 for HD?

Your local HDs may be on 129, that may be why dish wants you to have a dish pointing there. I have both 61.5 and 129 (my LiL is on 129).

Well there are definitely some on 61.5, just not sure how many. My big problem though is technically can I just repoint the 61.5 dish to 129?

Currently have Dish pointing at 110 and 119. Have a second dish pointing to 61.5. Upgraded to vip622 but Dish wouldn't let me choose HD package because they said I needed to another dish to point to 129. Rather than getting the Dish1000 can't I just repoint the dish at 61.5 to 129. That way I will have 110, 119 and 129 for HD?

Just keep calling until they get you hooked up. Tell the CSR you have a Dish1000 and get the HD activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)