finding Satellite deal - DirecTV and Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

young707

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I am in Milpitas, CA. I am currently Comcast cable customer.
Please tell me how to find best deals from either DirecTV or Dish Network?

I need two set top box for 2 TV in 2 rooms. No DVR. No HD. No Premium channels.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]DirecTV is $24.99 + $6 (2nd TV) = $30.99 per month first year. 2nd Year is $54 + $6 = $60 per month.

Dish Network is $19.99 + $7 (2nd TV) = $26.99 per month first year. 2nd Year add $13 = $40 per month. But this is only Smart Pack do not have any good channel, particularly no CNN nor HGTV). Dish no longer offer Welcome Pack to new customers.
The equivalent package is $29.95 + $7 = $37 per month for first year. $50 for 2nd year.

Is there any way to find better deal?
[/FONT]

I am in Milpitas, CA. I am currently Comcast cable customer.
Please tell me how to find best deals from either DirecTV or Dish Network?

I need two set top box for 2 TV in 2 rooms. No DVR. No HD. No Premium channels.

DirecTV is $24.99 + $6 (2nd TV) = $30.99 per month first year. 2nd Year is $54 + $6 = $60 per month.

Dish Network is $19.99 + $7 (2nd TV) = $26.99 per month first year. 2nd Year add $13 = $40 per month. But this is only Smart Pack do not have any good channel, particularly no CNN nor HGTV). Dish no longer offer Welcome Pack to new customers.
The equivalent package is $29.95 + $7 = $37 per month for first year. $50 for 2nd year.

Is there any way to find better deal?

Best way to do it is to Call In ...

Without desire for HD, DVR, or several receivers you will likely get the same exact offer from the websites, a retailer, or by calling in directly.

Other things to consider is a retailer like best buy or costco or same club who may offer an additional rebate, or use a referral from a member here which is good for another $100.

DISH does still offer the Welcome package. You have to call for it can't sign up online. And you seem to have not looked at the Top120 package with DISH?

no DVR. enough time watching TV already.
We can get the latest and best movie titles in our Santa Clara County library. Just has to wait a little.

Dish no offering Welcome Pack for new customer. Only Smart Pack.

I'll elaborate. When you call with some insistance it can be done, because you are getting no perks with either package. Otherwise, you get the Smart package, then downgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)