Finding satellites on a actuator,v-box setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Ok!i kinda know somewhat!how finding a satellite and then using usals to get to the other satellites on a HH motor setup!but how does it all work with using a actuator and v-box set up.

You must manually move dish , with e-w buttons, to peak dish. Then store position in an available memory location.

you set the reciever to diseqc 1.2. then using the vbox remote or the reciever remote, move the dish until you see a signal on the reciever. hit save location on the reciever. do this for all sats. then when you select a satellite, the reciever tells the vbox to go to a stored position.

crackt out,.

Thanks!I kinda thought that this is what i had to do!was hoping that the actuator was smart like the HH but looks like its nothing more that a mover.I got my new V-box and hoping to start logging in C band satellites this week end.PS! I was told not to use usals on the receiver!will using by misstake mess things up on the v box?

Thanks!I kinda thought that this is what i had to do!was hoping that the actuator was smart like the HH but looks like its nothing more that a mover.I got my new V-box and hoping to start logging in C band satellites this week end.PS! I was told not to use usals on the receiver!will using by misstake mess things up on the v box?

you can use usals without any effects on the positioner. it simply ignores it.

crackt out,.

Do not use USALS "Go to Zero" option :)
That will test the VBox & Arms "Limits"

forgot to mention that lak. good point. if you do need to issue the goto zero command make sure you have the vbox remote in hand ready to stop the runaway.

crackt out,.

Thanks Lak7 and crackt! I will most likely be using the v box for moving and storing satellites and the receiver for receiving!the reason for this is that the receiver being used is the sat hawk and we all know what a pain the switch and motor is with that receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)