Fios adding TruTV HD

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
Apparently because of March Madness, FIOS has started to add TruTV HD. it is already up in several markets. Using there current QAM space there is not much room to add any nationwide channels. Most have thought they wouldn't add any until their project to use a IPTV based channels started to rollout.

Apparently because of March Madness, FIOS has started to add TruTV HD. it is already up in several markets. Using there current QAM space there is not much room to add any nationwide channels. Most have thought they wouldn't add any until their project to use a IPTV based channels started to rollout.

Their IPTV rollout will be a dismal failure too. AKA AT&T Universe.

It will limit the number of HD Channels a subscriber can simultaneously get in their house and limit the internet bandwidth when one does go towards the limit.

Phil

I'm confused by what you're saying Phil. I don't think Verizon's FiOS Internet bandwidth has anything to do with its TV bandwidth. They are on completely separate wavelengths of light being transmitted in the fiber optic cable. Also, I didn't think Verizon had announced any IPTV plans, if anything I suspect they would adjust the way they use the QAM space before doing anything as drastic (and opposite of its current delivery system) as switching to IPTV. Can you elaborate on your comments?

Ryan Bennett said:
I'm confused by what you're saying Phil. I don't think Verizon's FiOS Internet bandwidth has anything to do with its TV bandwidth. They are on completely separate wavelengths of light being transmitted in the fiber optic cable. Also, I didn't think Verizon had announced any IPTV plans, if anything I suspect they would adjust the way they use the QAM space before doing anything as drastic (and opposite of its current delivery system) as switching to IPTV. Can you elaborate on your comments?

Agreed...FiOS does not suffer from the problems of U-Verse's outdated "copper" architecture; their fiber to the home (FTTH) is clearly superior.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

After reading, I stand corrected. I do think that Fios better get their act together and fix their QAM problem. Not being able to roll out zillions of HD and be the leader, but instead poop out TruTVHD and BetHD
and their only additions in months is dismal.

Re: IPTV. I think this might be a failure. Every IP-delived channel, ppv, etc seems 'soft' to me on the screen. Like they compressed it somehow badly before delivering it to their box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts