FIOS after a month

Update!! I got the 1.9 roll out yesterday and have been playing with it. I ran out and got a 1TB external and hooked it up and I am ready to roll!
So, I absolutely love some of the new (to FIOS) features. I have access to everything recorded on all the DVRs in the house. I can expand all of them if I really want to. I can do a Search and it searches everything including VOD. There are several options for the new guide view and some really different ones that I found interesting but I think the "non techie other half" would have an issue adjusting.
One of the things that flipped on me and I had to go back and re-do it was the skip back and forward feature. I had set the skip back to 10 seconds and it flipped it back to 30. Not a big deal to change back.
Now my son wants the FIOS box back in place of the Tivo he got! I guess I will end up selling the Tivo. Coming from 13 years of DishNetwork the Tivo would not work for "the other half" even in the bedroom. The FIOS worked basically the same as the Dish 622s we had.
So.... those that were waiting for this update..... it is rolling out!!

It's been a few weeks now since the switch to FIOS and we really like it. Love the VOD that we didn't have and the DVR seems to handle what we need it to do, we have the 7232 box. The guide is ugly and not as polished as Dish's, but that will change when we get 1.9. The price difference was a big factor in the switch, and we have zero complaints.

No The 7000 series of the Motorola and the Cisco. Only the older Motorola boxes do not have it and they say people can put in a request to upgrade to the 7000 series.

Sigh. Seemingly not in this area. "We don't have Cisco and we don't have the 'new' Motorola box. No, we can't get them for you."

I have the 7216 Motorola boxes. I never got around to calling for the Cisco boxes.

Someone posted the link to all the upgrades in the 1.9 so I did not re-post it.

SatelliteGAL, glad to see someone else from Amherst. Just switched from DISH for the price, and to get the Sabres playoff games (sigh). Anyway, I got the Cisco 435 DVR and four Cisco 335 STBs, with the 1.9 IMG. So far, so good. I'm happy with most everything. Although the DVR remote seems a bit slow in response, and I do miss being able to pause/rewind live TV on my second TV -with Dish, I had the two-room DVR. But the ability to access the DVR from any TV is cool. I was prepared not to like the channel guide, but I think it's fine, just different.

It's been a few weeks now since the switch to FIOS and we really like it. Love the VOD that we didn't have and the DVR seems to handle what we need it to do, we have the 7232 box. The guide is ugly and not as polished as Dish's, but that will change when we get 1.9. The price difference was a big factor in the switch, and we have zero complaints.

I know how you feel. im waiting for the upgrade as well. i went with the non-DVR boxes and i love it. I was dumping $150/mo for DirecTV. its pretty awesome.

I decided to swap for some of the 7232 Motorola boxes. Stupid reason for some but for me the black boxes look nicer because they match everything else. So we have two 7232s, one 7216 and one 7100. We added 1TB externals to the two 7232s. We are very happy and we still pay less for more.
Hiya Pete... fellow Amherst

I decided to swap for some of the 7232 Motorola boxes. Stupid reason for some but for me the black boxes look nicer because they match everything else. So we have two 7232s, one 7216 and one 7100. We added 1TB externals to the two 7232s. We are very happy and we still pay less for more.
Hiya Pete... fellow Amherst

You guys are making me jealous that Verizon hasn't decided to offer it yet on Grand Island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts