FiOS and the DiSH 625 modem

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
Does the DiSH 625 DVR modem work with FiOS?
I'm beginning to think it doesn't.
I am on my second replacement receiver and it will not dial out successfully. Not only that, but when it tries to dial out, when I'm listening on the other line it is full of static.

Does the DiSH 625 DVR modem work with FiOS?
I hate wasting their money on returns but this is a real problem. I really want to keep my DiSH 625 DVR even though I have FiOS now.

most likely not. analog modems tend to have problems on digital phone systems. you should have been given a disclosure about fax machines, dial up modemes on computers, and set top boxes modems not working with it. i know when i had broadband phone through timewarner they made me intitial this disclosure at time of install and vonage also made it clear to me as well when i had them.

the dish receiver is designed to work on a standard analog unmodified phoneline. even adding dsl (a modifciation) in some cases can prevent a receiever from connecting even when using the filters.

most likely not. analog modems tend to have problems on digital phone systems. you should have been given a disclosure about fax machines, dial up modemes on computers, and set top boxes modems not working with it. i know when i had broadband phone through timewarner they made me intitial this disclosure at time of install and vonage also made it clear to me as well when i had them.

the dish receiver is designed to work on a standard analog unmodified phoneline. even adding dsl (a modifciation) in some cases can prevent a receiever from connecting even when using the filters.

No. Verizon FiOS is not VoIP. There is no such "disclosure" because FiOS is specifically designed to be a real telephone connection in every way. It is totally compatible and works perfectly with my TiVo's modem, my alarm system's modem, my fax machine's modem, my DiSH 322 receiver, and everything else.

My DiSH 322 receiver dials out *perfectly*.
The only problem is the DiSH 625 will not dial out.