FIOS beginning work in St. Pete, FL??

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
While out servicing customer appointments yesterday I noticed a big Verizon sign of intent to dig off 34th Ave NE around the 10 hundred block. I was at a stop sign with a car behind me so I didn't reread what I thought I read but it looks like they are starting work digging a main fiber line into the Snell Isle area. This area is pretty deep into St. Pete, so they have skipped over many areas to the north of that dig spot. I am thinking they are putting in the main "arteries" and then they sprawl out from there. There are no other signs in the vicinity.

I would assume we are at least a year out of actual service, if they are just now putting up their signs of intent to dig and getting final approval on permits from the city. Anybody know how long it takes to get from initial dig to service?

*update*

I have just gotten back from jersey and from riding around my area again, i see that they are putting fiber all over the road and on people's yards in kenneth city, if I got the street numbers right, they are all over 58th st and 62nd st area.

and I know for sure is verizon because I asked. but i had to run so I dint ask how long it would take, i'd say all in total couple of months. as they are very quick, from what i can see. i think if correct again, takes them just a few days to do a whole street/avenue at a time i think.

I live right off of 54th avenue. so its like not even 5 minutes by car.

any other updates u guys might have and or how long these things take for it to finish when they do by town...

pictures to come later =-P

this also hints something.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=73396

*update*

I have just gotten back from jersey and from riding around my area again, i see that they are putting fiber all over the road and on people's yards in kenneth city, if I got the street numbers right, they are all over 58th st and 62nd st area.

and I know for sure is verizon because I asked. but i had to run so I dint ask how long it would take, i'd say all in total couple of months. as they are very quick, from what i can see. i think if correct again, takes them just a few days to do a whole street/avenue at a time i think.

I live right off of 54th avenue. so its like not even 5 minutes by car.

any other updates u guys might have and or how long these things take for it to finish when they do by town...

pictures to come later =-P

this also hints something.

Verizon’s Industry-Leading FiOS Services Now Available to More Pinellas County Floridians

Also another update, i just came from a friends house down my street, and he received an fios adverticement for soon to come with service...so that means my street will soon have fios, and I am quite happy about that.

I live in 59th st n, off of 54th ave. so u guys can see the areas that will serve service. =-)

I just got today a coming soon fios letter to my house. once again, very happy lol.

it says I am able to call now, and pre-order for installation.

how long is exactly coming soon? jw *atleast on an average wait*

I'm in Saint Pete close to 9th Ave and MLK. They put door hangers out advising that contractors are marking the existing lines so fios can come in, and there are flags and blue spray paint lines up and down the yards and sidewalks. Hopefully they get here soon.

Walt O

I'm in Saint Pete close to 9th Ave and MLK. They put door hangers out advising that contractors are marking the existing lines so fios can come in, and there are flags and blue spray paint lines up and down the yards and sidewalks. Hopefully they get here soon.

Walt O

Today they started on my street, woke up at 7 am and there they was lol.

so estimating waiting time, that i waited for, is like 3 or so years =-P

but hey its finally here and I believe its almost done. from what i saw, off and on, they were diggin and putting semi large cement box, and running lines, etc.

so im very happy to see the company around doing their thing, and it sure looks nice and professional out there on the side/street.

so from some of you guys that have already gone thru the process. how long does it take for service to actually be available...

jw =-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)