FIOS deleting channels question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I am getting FIOS installed next week. i dont plan on subscribing to the movie channels or any foreign channels. Is there a way i can delete these channels so when im channel surfing i dont have to see screen after screen that says "ORDER THIS CHANNEL" like i had to do with cablevision. Its so frustrating. I know that these channels exist and NO THANK YOU! I DONT WANT THEM. your help would be greatly appreciated!

I am getting FIOS installed next week. i dont plan on subscribing to the movie channels or any foreign channels. Is there a way i can delete these channels so when im channel surfing i dont have to see screen after screen that says "ORDER THIS CHANNEL" like i had to do with cablevision. Its so frustrating. I know that these channels exist and NO THANK YOU! I DONT WANT THEM. your help would be greatly appreciated!

Just order the channels and the message will go away.

Expensive HDTV... check

Expensive livingroom furniture... check

Expensive surround sound audio system..... check

Premium channels.... NOPE, wtf?

Why have all that nice stuff and then stick with basic cable? Do it right or go outside and play!

Yes, you can do that, in a way. Set up a favorites list that has the channels that you get. Then you can set you favorite list to be active. When you do that, then only the channels in that favorite list show up in the guide, and they will be the only ones that you hit when channel surfing. Also, the active list stays as the active list until you actually change it. Even after you shut off the set top box, and turn it back on, the last list you activated will be the one your box will be set to.

I only have one nit with the functionality going this way. When you activate the list, your guide will no longer scroll around from end back to the beginning. Once you hit the bottom of the guide, you can't just scroll back around to the top of the guide. You have to go backwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)