FIOS Help with Digital Optical ?

VoomTexas

Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
Hello - got hooked up today but can't get Dolby Digital output ! Any Ideas ? I have the optical connector connected to my HK 7200 and analog audio cable to TV. Also, running HDMI to DVI for video connection...
Any ideas ??????
Thanks
pmc

I don't have an HK receiver, but on my Pioneer I had to go into setup and associate the optical from my satellite receiver with the satellite input on the Pioneer AV receiver. Just a thought.

Regards, Dan

The answer for now..

I finally got through to Verizon. Customer Support told me it is a known problem with HDMI/DVI and they are working a patch..

I'm surprised the issue hasn't come up on the forum before, perhaps I just missed it... Be aware no 5.1 surround on Fios TV when connected via HMDI/DVI...
Thanks

VoomTexas said:
I finally got through to Verizon. Customer Support told me it is a known problem with HDMI/DVI and they are working a patch..

I'm surprised the issue hasn't come up on the forum before, perhaps I just missed it... Be aware no 5.1 surround on Fios TV when connected via HMDI/DVI...
Thanks

Yeah, you won't see that issue mentioned here, as it appears to be mostly just news. You want to also make a note of this site:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)