Fios in Phoenix

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Will it ever happen?
I've been "wishing" i had it after seeing the New York channel line up as they appear to "blow away" everybody else's offering's including DirectTV. Also heard the Picture quality is "second to none". Is fios planning to be in every single household in the USA?
Thanks

Will it ever happen?
I've been "wishing" i had it after seeing the New York channel line up. Also they appear to "blow away" everybody else's offering's including DirectTV from what i want to watch. Also heard the Picture quality is "second to none". Is fios planning to be in every single household in the USA?
Thanks
Verizon plans to offer FiOS in every market they serve, but it will take several years and there are no guarantees for the folks in more rural areas. Likewise, Verizon does not service many areas in the US...such as AT&T, Qwest, and a bunch of mom & pop telcos. Who is your local telco provider?

I have Cox as my phone provider along with their High speed internet. Qwest is our other phone provider if you choose not to go with Cox. I'm hoping Cox and Qwest will not try to prevent Verizon from moving in. Is that even possible?

I have Cox as my phone provider along with their High speed internet. Qwest is our other phone provider if you choose not to go with Cox. I'm hoping Cox and Qwest will not try to prevent Verizon from moving in. Is that even possible?
I dont' think Cox or Qwest can prevent Verizon or any other provider from rolling into town...however, it may not be cost effective for Verizon to compete against both Cox and Qwest since a FiOS buidout is huge $$$ and they may not be able to achieve an adequate penetration rate to be profitable in your area.

I wondering if Qwest plans to lay fiber and have another "FIOS" type offering as after i made my original post. I did a google search and i don't even think Verizon is even "available" in Arizona.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)