FIOS TV in Montgomery County, MD

StevenJB

Feb 1, 2007
Olney, MD
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed elsewhere on this forum. I am new to SatelliteGuys and do not know my way around as well as many of you do.

I am a resident of Montgomery County, MD. I live in the Olney Oaks Subdivision of Olney, MD. My neighborhood has been to the best of my knowledge completely pre-wired by Verizon for FIOS. Many in my neighborhood as is the case in the rest of Olney and elsewhere in Montgomery County, MD have been offered and are already receiving FIOS digital telephone and FIOS Internet services.

Now that FIOS TV has been approved by this County this past November 28th, do any members residing here in Montgomery County, MD or other knowledgeable members reading this forum know of any specific contacts, offers, or installations by Verizon for and of FIOS TV in Montgomery County, MD, specifically by city, community, and/or neighborhood?

This way I might be able to get some idea as to what time frame I may be looking at as to when FIOS TV might become available in my neighborhood depending on the location of the contact.

According to the map on the following hyperlink, my community like many others is located in the "Initial Service Area". Has anyone been advised of the time frame for installations in this "Initial Service Area"?

http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/md/files/mocomap.pdf

Thanks to one and all for any information that you might have. I have been hearing some incredible things about FIOS TV and am really looking forward to its installation.

Regards,

Steven Bernstein
Olney, MD

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed elsewhere on this forum. I am new to SatelliteGuys and do not know my way around as well as many of you do.

I am a resident of Montgomery County, MD. I live in the Olney Oaks Subdivision of Olney, MD. My neighborhood has been to the best of my knowledge completely pre-wired by Verizon for FIOS. Many in my neighborhood as is the case in the rest of Olney and elsewhere in Montgomery County, MD have been offered and are already receiving FIOS digital telephone and FIOS Internet services.

Now that FIOS TV has been approved by this County this past November 28th, do any members residing here in Montgomery County, MD or other knowledgeable members reading this forum know of any specific contacts, offers, or installations by Verizon for and of FIOS TV in Montgomery County, MD, specifically by city, community, and/or neighborhood?

This way I might be able to get some idea as to what time frame I may be looking at as to when FIOS TV might become available in my neighborhood depending on the location of the contact.

According to the map on the following hyperlink, my community like many others is located in the "Initial Service Area". Has anyone been advised of the time frame for installations in this "Initial Service Area"?

http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/md/files/mocomap.pdf

Thanks to one and all for any information that you might have. I have been hearing some incredible things about FIOS TV and am really looking forward to its installation.

Regards,

Steven Bernstein
Olney, MD

Steve,
I live in Bethesda and have my Fios installation scheduled for today. The only ways I know of hearing that it's available in your area are to check the Verizon website and/or when you start getting Fios TV fliers in the mail.
The only deal I know of is that you get $5 off when you get TV and Internet installed. Still, the pricing seems very competitive compared to Comcast (from what Comcast subs say. I have Directv and it's comparably priced for TV for what is supposed to be a better picture and more HD content.
Good luck.

Steve,
I live in Bethesda and have my Fios installation scheduled for today. The only ways I know of hearing that it's available in your area are to check the Verizon website and/or when you start getting Fios TV fliers in the mail.
The only deal I know of is that you get $5 off when you get TV and Internet installed. Still, the pricing seems very competitive compared to Comcast (from what Comcast subs say. I have Directv and it's comparably priced for TV for what is supposed to be a better picture and more HD content.
Good luck.

Adam,

Thanks for the heads-up on your installation. From everything that I have previously heard and read you should be very pleased with the product. The word is that FIOS TV is as good or better than satellite.

DirecTV and DishNetwork are presently compressing some of their HD signals in order to conserve bandwidth. This will continue until each of them fully switches completely from the present MPEG-2 standard to the more advanced MPEG-4 standard and/or launch some additional satellites for additional bandwidth.

Verizon, on the other hand, has an abundance of capacity on their present FIOS system for over 200 HD channels plus all of their present several hundred SD channels without using any compression. It's like you receiving pure and uncompressed HD directly off the air like you would receive for your local HD channels by using an outdoor antenna.

Good luck to you, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts