Legacy of old Adelphia contracts haunts us now....

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
About half the HBO's were gone....I noticed it was anything of a west one (hbow, hbo2w etc) same content but on the western hours.

I call up the company to find out that adelphia has a contract for the western feeds....however that contract ended and it wasn't renewed. So it's not like they can even sell them at this point :mad:

Might end up dropping HBO as I'm sure the argument that might help would be "But you have the pvr and the on demand" well the pvr is nice and all but that means I have to wait for content...as for the on demand it can be down and it's faster to watch the channels than dealing with it...I can casually change channels but changing from the on demand sometimes causes the box to reboot!

About half the HBO's were gone....I noticed it was anything of a west one (hbow, hbo2w etc) same content but on the western hours.

I call up the company to find out that adelphia has a contract for the western feeds....however that contract ended and it wasn't renewed. So it's not like they can even sell them at this point :mad:

Might end up dropping HBO as I'm sure the argument that might help would be "But you have the pvr and the on demand" well the pvr is nice and all but that means I have to wait for content...as for the on demand it can be down and it's faster to watch the channels than dealing with it...I can casually change channels but changing from the on demand sometimes causes the box to reboot!

Just wondering how you have to wait? The east coast feeds are on first. So you see it before on the west coast.. Having the west coast and east coast feeds in the east is pointless and waste of BW in my oppion I wish BHN would drop it and save the 6mhz space..

Just wondering how you have to wait? The east coast feeds are on first. So you see it before on the west coast.. Having the west coast and east coast feeds in the east is pointless and waste of BW in my oppion I wish BHN would drop it and save the 6mhz space..

I can understand that but since the price of the service isn't going down why pay if it's getting cut?

It also shouldn't be in the IPG as the content there does update at least a few times week just to keep up with the date...maybe I'll reboot the box later today to see if they show up.

What is really annoying is there was no notification or anything of this which leads me to think that maybe there's MORE things that aren't covered under the new contract. I haven't written their offices a letter in five years...maybe I'll do it again...

Again I wouldn't mind the changes so much if they were to inform us ahead of time.

I can understand that but since the price of the service isn't going down why pay if it's getting cut?

It also shouldn't be in the IPG as the content there does update at least a few times week just to keep up with the date...maybe I'll reboot the box later today to see if they show up.

What is really annoying is there was no notification or anything of this which leads me to think that maybe there's MORE things that aren't covered under the new contract. I haven't written their offices a letter in five years...maybe I'll do it again...

Again I wouldn't mind the changes so much if they were to inform us ahead of time.

Informing would be good.

I wonder if it was because of a contract they had to pull it, as soon as they took over to avoid breaking the law? Not sure interesting to know what you find out