FIOS TV in Wylie, TX

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
I am moving to Wylie in about 3 weeks and they already have FIOS Internet, so I called today to see when FIOS TV would be available. I was told, Feb 18th, 2006! That works great for me. My 1 yr commitment with D* expires 12/21. Can't wait!:clap

korsjs said:
you will have to report back to this thread and tell us if it was available when they said it would be.
Believe me I will. I really enjoy this site. I was also glad to hear that you don't need 2 cables to the HDTV/DVR to be able to record/watch at the same time. Only one cable is required and you can record 2 programs while watching another at the same time.:eek:

kevstok, I believe you have been in DirectV for awhile because with Dish Network you don't necessary need two cables to hook up on your HDTV/DVR receiver to record and watch another channel at the same time.
DN use a new LNB Pro Plus which simplify the installation with one cable only on dual receivers like 322, 522DVR and 942 HDDVR.
The cable/satellite technology is going too fast that today one is better than another but tomorrow it could be the opposite. ;)

josem3 said:
kevstok, I believe you have been in DirectV for awhile because with Dish Network you don't necessary need two cables to hook up on your HDTV/DVR receiver to record and watch another channel at the same time.
DN use a new LNB Pro Plus which simplify the installation with one cable only on dual receivers like 322, 522DVR and 942 HDDVR.
The cable/satellite technology is going too fast that today one is better than another but tomorrow it could be the opposite. ;)
Uh, sorry to dissappoint you but I have only been with D* for 3 years and my DVR is only 1 year old. Dish Network sux and I will never use them ever again. Their customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with. D* is fine but want better picture quality and more channels for my money.

Update

Copy from another post I made:

I talked with a salesman today (11/02/05) with Fios because I a moving to Wylie in the next week & 1/2. I am getting set up for FIOS internet and was told the other day that FIOS TV would be available on Feb 18th in Wylie. Well, today the guy told me it could be sooner and I asked him about the HD channels and Voom. He had no idea what Voom was. He did mention that they are now offering 28 HD channels. I asked him if he could email me the channel line-up but he said he couldn't until it was available in the area. I asked about why the website wasnt up to date and he said because things are changing too fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)