FIOS TV Question...

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
Was literally one of the first to sign up for FIOS Internet here in Bergan County, NJ.... so I am anxiously awaiting TV to arrive. But, a question.

I was reading the review of the set top box for FIOS TV, and noticed that it has an ethernet port, and CAN be seen on the network of the users computer. So, does VErizon offer a TV veiwing program that you can install on the computer and pick up the Digital signal, sort of like Slingbox and their viewing program?

This would be great to finally get Digital Tv on my Computer without having to wait around f or Cablecard TV Tuners..

Thanks

Actually, If Memory serves, I beleive it was your review thread that said it :). It may have been the late at night read, but I could have sworn that it said that while the ethernet port wasn't working, it was recognized on the computers network :)

here is what i said.

I plugged my external hard drive into the front USB port and I have not seen any options to export to it. I also have an Ethernet cable plugged into the back. Do not see it on my network. The Verizon guy said that Motorola said all ports were not active, however he says they show active in the diagnostics. I have not tested the firewire port.

Ahh, Ok. I did remember it wrong then :). So, that means it probably does have the ability to be recognized on the network, but the feature isn't activated. This could solve the problem of having to upgrade the computer for all the CableCArd products that are coming in late Q4 2006...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts