FiOS VOD

regegis

Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I'm looking into Fios in my area in West Chester, PA but wanted to compare the VOD with what comcast offers. Are there HD VOD programs available? How many VOD movies do they offer--and do they have any free VOD movies like Comcast?
:rolleyes:

Verizon offers a lot of VOD movies. The more movie packages you sign up for, the more VOD choices you have. While the choices are many, I have to say the selection is mediocre. I don't remember seeing any HD VOD content.

Most of the VOD movies are free, there are a few of the newer releases that Verizon does charge for the movie. It is usually around $2-4 for the VOD movie in this case. If you can wait a while to see the movie, it usually goes to the free bin in a few months.

I'm looking into Fios in my area in West Chester, PA but wanted to compare the VOD with what comcast offers. Are there HD VOD programs available? How many VOD movies do they offer--and do they have any free VOD movies like Comcast?
:rolleyes:

Verizon offers almost the exact same thing that COmcast offers. They do not have HD VOD yet. Not sure what the delay is here.

Now, some disclaimer info for you before you make your decision. The VOD is delivered over IP and if there are any Internet hiccups the movie ets disrupted. In addition, you should read some of my previous posts on the equipment problems. Although they are using the same devices as Comcast, I never experienced the problems with Comcast equipment that I have experienced with Verizons equipment. Also, the menu system on Verizon is VERY immature. Just thought that you should be warned. On the other side, the delivery and quality of the Verizon offering is MUCH beter than Comcast, and the support is 1000 times better (which is good when there is a problem and there will be one).

Last, I believe that internet and TV together are still much cheaper than Comcast. I am on an older lower rate plan than is available now, but I think you still save money.

No free VOD movies on FiOS. No HD VOD on FiOS either.

-John
The VOD you get with just the Premier package basically doesn't have much in the way of free movies. I was over at a friends house the other day and I thought I remember seeing one or two with an individual channel's VOD offerings, but they were old movies.

The different movie packages (Starz/Encore/Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax) offer VOD movies. You have to pay extra for the movie package, but the VOD comes "free" with the subscription. So while it's not "free" as in included with the Premier package VOD, you don't have to pay extra or per view if you subscribe to the premium channels.

There are a bunch of PPV VOD movies, but obviously they cost money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)