Fios VS Comcast

Grk101

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Does anyone know how the 2 compare? Do both offer the same exact channels? How is the channel comparison?

Thanks.

I did Google, but I cant find if the 2 offer the same channels or not. I have Comcast and I am thinking of switching to FIOS, but I want to know if FIOS carries all of the channels Comcast does. I cant find anywhere a comparison of the 2.

Does anyone know?

You will have to compare them yourself. I did this when comparing Cablevision to Verizon's channel lineup. Print out copies of both channel lineups and do it the old school method. Use a highlighter to cross off channels that both providers carry. Then at the end, whichever channels are not highlighted is your discrepancy.

I did Google, but I cant find if the 2 offer the same channels or not. I have Comcast and I am thinking of switching to FIOS, but I want to know if FIOS carries all of the channels Comcast does. I cant find anywhere a comparison of the 2.

Does anyone know?

The basics are the same. Perhaps you wil obtain a better result asking if Fios carries the channels you watch. The list of channels is too comprehensive (on both services) for anyone to do a side by side for you. I know that Comcast offers the movie channels in HD like East and West and Fios does not, but I think this is not always going to be the case. Other than that, they offer about the same.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will have to compare them side by side, but I just wanted to check if there was a comparison online anywhere.

As for HD, I think I read somewhere that Fios is supposed to get alot more HD channels soon.

It really doesn't take that long to do a side by side, took me maybe a half hour. Just remember to compare the channels from the same packages you are interested. For me, the channel lineups were very similar between CV and FIOS. It was the PQ, the stupid channel lag on CV, and the better HD choices from FIOS that made me switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts