FIOSTV in Montgomery County

SF12345

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Has anyone heard any word about FIOSTV in montgomery county, MD? This seems to be the spot for up-to-date FIOSTV info, so thought I'd give it a shot. When I first signed up for FIOS internet it was sometime this past winter and was told FIOSTV should be available by Summer. This is obviously not the case, but seeing as how Keller is now going live I would think parts of my area would begin to be talked about as well. I've looked into franchise information and haven't found much of anything. If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

and by the way. Great Site, been lurking for a while now :)

they are suppose to make an announcment on what cities will be coming online very soon.

wasn't montgomery one of the first to have fios?

and welcome to the site. keep us updated for you area if you see anything in your local papes/news.

FIOS and Montgomery County

korsjs said:
wasn't montgomery one of the first to have fios?

I ran my cousin's number on the Verizon FIOS availability query site probably as long ago as June and FIOS was available in Bethesda (in southern Mont. Co.) at least as early as May or June. I also saw in a Comcast internet news group, that one of the posters was getting a FIOS installation in either Gaithersburg or neighboring Germantown (in northern Mont. Co.) in like Aug or Sept. If only in Baltimore city! I heard that Balto. Co. was going to charge Verizon some high price per foot of Fiber laid and Verizon said bye bye Baltimore county just when they were about to start laying fiber in Cockeysville (Balt. Co.). I am happy that, at least in this case, Baltimore City and Baltimore county are separate municipalities (not that I have heard anything about FIOS and Balt. City yet :( ).
Wayne

I am in Germantown (well Boyds zipcode) and I punched in my phone number and sure enough its available. I'm signed up for a Oct 5th install. This is data only at this time, but I should be set when the Video service launches.

Texas had the first market for both data, and now TV. Northern Virgina had data a few months before we did.

FIOS internet has been available in the Silver Spring area since last Winter. I only remember because I remember thinking about the guys doing the install with snow on the ground spraypainting the snow (had to go under my driveway). So it's been here for a while. Hopefully FIOS TV will be here shortly.

They dug up my area in about June and the Service is now available about 3 months later. Not to bad of a turn up time. I really didn't think that I'd be able to get it until early next year.

FIOS in northern panhandle of west virginia?

New to the forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts