Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Anyone got it yet?

I got it this evening on one of my 2nd Gen fire tv boxes. New user interface looks very much like android tv. Alot more colorful.

The other two are still waiting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A little more info. I do not have it, tried sw update to no avail.

New and Enhanced Features

• The Fire TV on-screen experience has been completely redesigned for easier access to content and personalized recommendations. We've added a new streamlined top menu, and a featured content rotator that automatically plays video snippets for selected titles. For more information, go to Navigate Your Fire TV.
  • We've added a customizable row for Your Apps & Games on the Home screen, so you can quickly find all the apps in your collection and use your remote to rearrange the way your apps display. You can also open a fullscreen grid view of Your Apps & Games--just press and hold the Home button on your remote and select Apps. For more information, go to Manage Your Apps & Games.
  • Amazon Music, Prime Photos, and Amazon FreeTime are now pre-installed apps you can access from Your Apps & Games. You can turn on the PIN Protect App Launches option in parental controls to block access to these apps. For more information, go to Set Up Fire TV Parental Controls.
  • We've added new features and functionality for the VoiceView screen reader for Fire TV. In addition to automatically speaking selectable navigation options and controls, VoiceView now features an enhanced "Review Mode" that provides descriptions of on-screen text--including video details like plot or cast information, customer ratings, headings, lists, and more. You can also manage preferences for VoiceView (like reading speed and speech volume) from the new "Accessibility" menu under Settings. For more information, go to About VoiceView for Fire TV .
  • This update also includes voice search improvements and changes to the Settings menu. You can now find parental controls under Preferences, and view or manage your system information under Device. For more information, go to Fire TV Settings Basics.

Still only have it on the one box. Have read that they halted the rollout to fix a bug, buy so far I have not encountered anything that seems to need fixing

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have it on my newest box I think it is pretty good improvement I like it better than my roku 3 since the update

Sent from my SM-G930V using the SatelliteGuys app!

It is, but after the second gen devices get it

Got it on the second fire TV now. Just waiting on the last one.

System/about/check for update. The new one is 5.2.4. And you would know. They user interface is totally redesigned

You can manually check like you did but until your box is set to get it, it won't.

Yeah it's in a spot on the list. No way to bypass it, at least un rooted

When I get the update on my Fire Stick, will I need to re-log in to all my apps (Vue, NF, Pandora)? It's bad enough I seem to have to do it whenever I disconnect the stick from a power source to move it to another room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)