Firewire Cable connection From Motorola 6412 to JVC HM-DH40000U

dlma1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Murrysville, PA
I am going to order a JVC HM-DH40000U to archive some programs from my Motorola 6412 in HD. I want to order the correct firewire cable to connect the two devices. I can't seem to find the correct firewire cable to order for this connection. The so-called expert help line on Vanns was no help. Has anyone done this? Should the cable be 4-pin to 6-pin or 6-pin to 6-pin or what? Any help the group can give will be greatly appreciated.

dlma1 said:
I am going to order a JVC HM-DH40000U to archive some programs from my Motorola 6412 in HD. I want to order the correct firewire cable to connect the two devices. I can't seem to find the correct firewire cable to order for this connection. The so-called expert help line on Vanns was no help. Has anyone done this? Should the cable be 4-pin to 6-pin or 6-pin to 6-pin or what? Any help the group can give will be greatly appreciated.

I will have to look at that JVC but anyway to give you a little info; A 6P (6 pin) connector can transfer data and power, a 4P (4 Pin) connector only transfers data. Hope this helps. :)

That's I thought. One would think that Vann's would know that. I was just wasn't positive. So probably 4-pin to 4-pin would be correct. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Updated Info

Correct cable is actually 6-pin to 4-pin firewire. Got the box working today. I am not a big firewire user, obviously, and I was not sure of what 4-pin or 6-pins ports looked like for sure. Anyway, got the right cable and I am happily recording! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts