Firmware update available notice

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I keep getting the notice about new firmware update being available with an option update or close the notice. But I can't select the dialog box at all or at least I haven't figured out how to.

I'm on S304 and haven't seen anything indicating there is something newer reading here.

So what's up?

My bad!

It was the TV that wants an update.

Interesting: Good Catch! Had a neighbor on cable that could not turn on CC or remove it from the TV (I forget) and asked for help. Not knowing anything about cable boxes these days, spent about an hour with no results. Finally figured out that the sound she wanted to control was not being controlled with the remote for the cable box but she had another remote for the TV that she had used in the past. When I used THAT remote all issues were corrected. With our new one service from DISH (had DirecTV for five years also) I feel if anything happens to me my Wife will now be able to figure it out with two of the new Hoppers, instead of the more complicated two satellite HT previous setup. One time she said if I had not been around she was going to call 911! Ha Ha

My receiver flashed an update notice on the TV.... Took me awhile to figure out what was trying to get the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)