Firmware Update Source?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Is there a reliable source/ web site where one can find the most recent firmware update versions or should I just assume that my H20-600 and HR20-700 get the latest versions automatically?

Spysat,
If you want the current Nationally downloaded software, thats easy, unplug your units or hit the reset button and uwhen it comes back up it will have the latest national info on it.

CE's are another story, check the two links hdtvtechno gave you.

Jimbo

I was just wondering if the latest version is listed somewhere online. For example, my HR20-700 has 0x145. Was just wondering if there was a site online that lists updates and what exactaly that update is supossed to do/ fix. Thanks for trying....guess no such place exists.

There is no source I'm aware of that has a list of each of the HR20 software versions, but the thread that hdtvtechno linked you to will update each time there is a new beta version of HR20 software available.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of that thread, you'll find a notification for 0x14B, and a list of changes associated with that build in particular. 14B likely won't go national, but there will be a variant of it which will.

If you want the current Nationally downloaded software, thats easy, unplug your units or hit the reset button and uwhen it comes back up it will have the latest national info on it.

No, it won't. To force the latest software download, reset, then as soon as a blue screen comes back up, press 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote. Receiver will then go to the software download screen.

Mcbeevee gets the prize. That's the information I was hoping to find. Thank you to all.

No, it won't. To force the latest software download, reset, then as soon as a blue screen comes back up, press 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote. Receiver will then go to the software download screen.
Sorry that is incorrect.
You cannot force an update outside of the specified time frame (11pm-2am)
If you use that proceedure outside of those times on the specified dates you will get the national update, just like if you were to NOT force it (using the 02468).

It's not that hard, the only time you would force an update would be if you were in that time zone and wished to participate in the beta testing.
If so please read the CE info at dbstalk before attenmpting to force any update.

Jimbo

Web Page Blocked

You have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy.

URL: www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=77688
Category: Internet Communication

To have the rating of this web page re-evaluated please click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------