Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
A new firmware update disk (for HD-A1, HD-XA1 and HD-D1) has just arived in my mail. Wow!!!

Long after the waranty expiration, a year since the models have been discontinued, many months since the HD DVD format has been dropped altogether, Toshiba still releases firmware updates!
That's what I call customer support! Kudos to Toshiba!

I got one in the mail yesterday, also. However, it's been available for download for quite a while now.

S~

Here are the release notes: TACP Customer Support

Looks like Version 4 is available for all HD-DVD players, not just Gen.1.

From the release notes:

Applicable Models: HD-A1, HD-XA1, HD-D1, HD-A35, HD-A2, HD-A2W, HD-A2C, HD-D2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-D3, HD-A30

Addresses certain disc playback related issues identified by Toshiba, Play state specification is changed (Advanced playback function) When "pause state" continues 3 hours.

I received a v.4 upgrade for my HD-A3 in the mail. Not sure what it did, but I am amazed at Toshiba's exemplary support for products from which they'll never see another dime. Wow.

Got mine too, and I agree re: the strong support for a supposedly dead horse! I tossed it onto the pile with the others. My HD-A2 is still running whatever it had coming out of the box a year ago and works just fine so me being a strong believer of "Don't fix it if it ain't broke", I never installed any of them. (I don't have the A2 connected to the 'net and as far as I am aware the updates primarily address 'net issues, yes/no ?!?)

My disk was, I presume, intended for my A2 as that is the only one I registered. Does the same disk cover the A35? Ilya's post above leads me to think it might...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts