Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Here is what I got :

40" round primestar dish
coolsat 6000
uniden UST-945

Initially my plan is for a Fixed position.
I will use the existing primestar lnbf to line the dish up. Then I will modify the lnbf bracket to hold the uniden lnbf. I know there are threads out there showing this modification but i have not been able to find them. If anyone has any links, I would appreciate it.

My real question at this time is what c-band sat would have the most non-religious english speaking channels that are not provided by ka/ku? Or what would you point it at and why?

I don't know if any of these will work for a 40" dish, but if you're giving it a shot, here are my opinions on where to point a Cband fixed dish for FTA...

99W - Caribean Networks (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, RTN?, CW) and Wyoming NBC. If you live on the eastcoast, this isn't *as* big deal perhaps, since you don't get the benefit of the time shifted shows, but you might like it because you can usually catch an extra NFL game or two every Sunday with the CBS/FOX channels.

95W - Lots of RTN channels (6 plus feed), plus a FOX and CBS. Again, good for football. The RTN Feed always seems to have a crappy movie that's lots of fun.

121W - This is my favorite, and probably one I can't sell to many people, but It has EuroNews and Al Jazeera English. I like the world perspective. Also, chinese gameshows are fun even if you can't understand the language. Sports Time Ohio can be good. I even listen to the History Channel (video is scrambled).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts