First Day of Winter CE's

They had new Additions on the HR34 with you can record thing for up to 1 year and something else it said when I hit menu :)

Can someone else chime in on this or answer it?

With the 2 latest CE updates, my AM21 on a HR24 has been behaving differently. Is it using similar methods that the HR34 uses? I have noticed that the on-demand triangles are there like on the HR34. Is it actually scanning with the CE software and just not adding the non-database channels? This is long, but it illustrates why I feel that way:

BEFORE this was my AM21 channel list that would appear before:

*** Strong reception
** 50-65% on the AM21, signal rarely pixelates
* hit or miss reception
(blank means no reception)

**2-1 WFMY CBS
**2-2 WFMY Weather
2-3 CBS SD info, no signal
2-4 (blank)
***4-1 WUNC PBS
***4-2 WUNC UNC-KD
***4-3 UNC-EX
4-4 (blank)
***5-1 WRAL CBS
***5-2 This TV (CBS overflow during ACC Network programming)
5-3 (blank)
5-4 (blank)
**8-1 WGHP FOX
**8-1 WGHPSTA FOX, used when WGHP used RF 8 AND 35)
8-2 Antenna TV (did not work, only guide data appeared. This channel is key to my hypothesis.)
**11-1 WTVD ABC
**11-2 LWN HD
**11-3 LWN SD
12-1 WXII NBC (do not receive OTA)
12-2 MeTV (do not receive OTA)
***16-1 WGPX ION
***16-2 Qubo
***16-3 ION life
***16-4 ION lofe west/Ishop (no data)
*17-1 WNCN NBC (weak signal, came through most of the time)
*17-2 Antenna TV (weak signal)
17-3 Universal Sports (guide data still appeared, with searching for signal message)
***20-1 WCWG CW
***20-2 BNT
***20-3 Estrella
(there is a 20-4 Bounce TV that is not in the database)
*22-1 WLFL CW (weaker signal, came through most of the time)
*22-2 TCN (WUNW guide data appears, for some reason)
26-1 WUNL PBS (do not receive OTA)
26-2 UNC-KD
26-3 UNC-EX
26-4 Guide data for 26-1 appeared
26-5 UNC-MX (guide data for UNCMX, but UNC MX is now a Time-Warner Cable exclusive channel. I kept 26-5 in the Directv guide since UNC MX is on QAM)
*28-1 WRDC My (weak signal, hit or miss)
28-2 CoolTV (guide data only, channel gone since Sinclair went away)
SEVERAL channels in the 30's appeared. I receive none of them OTA
***40-1 WUVC Univision
***40-2 WTNC Telefutura
**43-1 WLXI TCT Triad
**43-2 TCT HD
(there is also a 43-3 and 43-4 that is not in the database)
*45-1 WXLV ABC (hit or miss OTA reception
*45-2 TCN (hit or miss OTA reception)
*47-1 Guide data for WRPX ION. I do not receive WRPX OTA, but local LP WGSR is 47-1 and would come through... THIS is another channel that makes me think the AM21 is scanning... more on that later)
47-2 (WGSR has subchannels. WGSR's subchannels did NOT appear on the WRPX subchannels)
*48-1 My (hit or miss OTA reception)
48-2 (same deal as 28-2)
**50-1 WRAZ Fox
**50-2 WRAZ MeTV
50-3 (blank)
I would also see a few other channels above 50, mostly a few PBS/ION channels. These channels do not come in OTA.

HOWEVER

Now, after the CE's the past 2 weeks, only the 2 or 3 starred channels appear in my list. If I move the antenna and get the signal to be above 50% on the AM21, that channel will appear on the list when I re-scan, but ones that are below 50% go away. None of the "blank" channels appear anymore.

Notes:
WGHP 8-2 was incorrectly added in the directv database. People without the HR34 or this CE cannot receive it with the AM21. This is confirmed on the AVSforum local Greensboro NC thread. The guide data appears but the channel can't be watched. One of the running theories is that when WGHP moved from RF 8 to RF 35, WGHP 8-2 was not updated since it did work prior to the RF move.

WRPX will only appear if WGSR is confirmed coming in, and the WRPX subchannels never show on the list.

I liked having the channels I couldn't receive OTA on the list, since I could add the few channels I had on QAM to see the info all in one place. If the AM21 is actually scanning and only adding the channels in the database WITHOUT adding the non-database channels, this is step backwards. Why do that?

I noticed that all of the channels in the former AM21 except WXLV and WGSR are coming in this morning, so i re-did the AM21 set up and, finally, all the channels are there (except WXLV and WGSR).

I wonder and hope we get a CE this weekend but I doubt it since it the weekend after Christmas and New Years weekend but lets hope :D :)

Just because theres a holiday doesn't mean we wont get a CE.
The Holiday was at the beginning of the week.

I know but it was a joke and in between holidays and I said I hope we get a CE :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)