First Dish ever couple of questions:

OK, new question. I was told by my installer that the 2nd dish is great for International Channels. Now I'm a Brit. What options are there for english speaking foreign channels - I was hoping for maybe some BBC, or Sky, etc.

All I can find is http://www.international.decentrix.com which appears to be mostly foreign language channels.

max a million said:
OK, new question. I was told by my installer that the 2nd dish is great for International Channels. Now I'm a Brit. What options are there for english speaking foreign channels - I was hoping for maybe some BBC, or Sky, etc.

All I can find is http://www.international.decentrix.com which appears to be mostly foreign language channels.

Here is the list of int'l channels Dish carries
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/international/index.shtml

I don't think there is any British TV on DIsh yet...same with the CBC in Canada..not on it yet :(

It's a shame I don't speak Arabic, French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Greek, Korean, South Asian, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Urdu, Farsi, Israeli, Portuguese or Tagalog.

Oh well.

So there's no possiblity of just "getting" international channels.

I'll explain where this comes from and it might make sense. My father back in the old UK, found a dish and reicever just dumped on the side of the road, being a man of many talents he decided this could be a fun project, so he picked it up and took it home. Found himself the satelitte that carries Eurosport, and pointed it at it. Bingo he picked up about 60 European channels totally for free, no subscription, no activation, nothing. It meant for example that he got to watch the Tour De France live each day for free (on that subject it's odd how things like OLN aren't in the basic Dish package). I really just wandered if there were such things as this that can be done.

Hello Max. I come from the UK also, I am into free to air satellite, and started much the same way as your dad, back in the UK, there is not to many English speaking channels on FTA, I have been lucky enough to find one or two BBC feeds, especially at election time,my best UK find was F1 car racing, it was an ITV feed being beamed back to the good old UK, the program lasted about five hour and the great thing was it had all the adverts included : ) PG tips tea, Curley Wurley...... adverts it was just like being back home. There is also a pay channel out there that is pretty good, its called Euronews and it costs just $4.50 a month, you get to see all the Euro goals and all the news from Europe, its great IMO, we have a FTA forum here at satelliteguys.us and we have one or two Brits over there, check it out often and we will be posting any European finds, there may not be too much English speaking channels but there are a load of football games and sports on FTA satellite : ) Just cant get enough soccer over here, all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts