FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

This constant changing dish thing just got my head spining so fast :) Anyway, if I understand correctly as I am reading through all the posts here:

I am currently have SuperDish 121 plus a wing dish for 61.5 due to the requirement with HD and International program. I am using the DPP44.

If 118.7 will become the requirement in the future, all I need to do is order the kit to change out the LUNs on my superdish to get 121, 110, 119/118.7 on the SuperDish, plus my 61.5, still using the same DPP44 switch. I might (or not) to re-point the dish as it is pointed on 119/110 for now.

Can someone verify that is the correct assumption.

Thanks in advance.

so if they put new HD on 118 slot you need the new 500+ to get them? So if you pay for the top package that's a free upgrade right? BEcause Dish says you get all future HD free with the top package

hzhao said:
This constant changing dish thing just got my head spining so fast :) Anyway, if I understand correctly as I am reading through all the posts here:

I am currently have SuperDish 121 plus a wing dish for 61.5 due to the requirement with HD and International program. I am using the DPP44.

If 118.7 will become the requirement in the future, all I need to do is order the kit to change out the LUNs on my superdish to get 121, 110, 119/118.7 on the SuperDish, plus my 61.5, still using the same DPP44 switch. I might (or not) to re-point the dish as it is pointed on 119/110 for now.

Can someone verify that is the correct assumption.

Thanks in advance.

It does not sound as though the kit for the 121 SuperDiSH will leave it capable of receiving 121. None of the new kits or dishes apparently will do 121.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
so if they put new HD on 118 slot you need the new 500+ to get them? So if you pay for the top package that's a free upgrade right? BEcause Dish says you get all future HD free with the top package
Sure, they'll provide you with the programming...you just need to provide the receivers, dishes, switches, etc. Of course, I'm sure they will be more than glad to help...with an 18 month commitment, of course!:rolleyes:

JohnH said:
It does not sound as though the kit for the 121 SuperDiSH will leave it capable of receiving 121. None of the new kits or dishes apparently will do 121.
This is correct, if you convert a SuperDISH to a Dish500+ or Dish 1000+ you will lost 121.

Note there is no mention of the 105 SuperDish in any of this stuff.

Smith said:
That what you see in NIT, right ? Then it look similar to 105W (AMC-15), perhaps one family :).
John, are you sure "A&E and History channels are beginning tests of HD at 125w", ie Galaxy 14 ? My BUD still inoperable - I can't check it now.

Yeah, that is all they used on AMC-15. They had the Turbo-Coded FEC QPSK up when they were planning on HD there.

Yeah, it is Galaxy 14. If I remember Correctly it is on 4160 H

It is highly likely that as the 118.7 is only a temporary location for charlie that national HD will be mirrored elsewhere. I think the main benefit to this will be for the one dish locals solution. When Anik F3 goes up, charlie WILL lose this spot if I am not mistaken?!? That would make me ask why anyone would fork out more money for these new dishes as they will only be a temporary solution until Anik F3 at the end of the year or beginning of next year (assuming the content is mirrored) ??? ;0 Or is anikf3 going to provide dish with capacity on that bird?!

-B

Bountykiller said:
It is highly likely that as the 118.7 is only a temporary location for charlie that national HD will be mirrored elsewhere. I think the main benefit to this will be for the one dish locals solution. When Anik F3 goes up, charlie WILL lose this spot if I am not mistaken?!? That would make me ask why anyone would fork out more money for these new dishes as they will only be a temporary solution until Anik F3 at the end of the year or beginning of next year (assuming the content is mirrored) ??? ;0 Or is anikf3 going to provide dish with capacity on that bird?!

-B
EchoStar has a lease for Ku capacity on Anik F3 and the only reason AMC-16 is going there is to speed up the process.

I beleive they will get 500 Mhz whether it is broken up into 24 or 32 Tps remains to be seen.

AMC-16 uses a 24 transponder layout.

It is traditional for Telesat Canada to use a 32 Transponder layout.

I too was just looking up the anik F3 specs. Ie how many watts each transponder is etc? Does anyone have this info for Anik F3 or F2 even (would likely be the same)??? anybody ;0 ?

-B

Scott,
do you know if this LNB will be available on its own for sale out of interest? Or will we be forced to buy the whole shebang?

-B

I couldnt find any specs other than it has 32 Ku and 2 Ka transponders, plus some C band transponders. I dont know if the specs between F2 and F3 would be identical though, seems like there was quite some time between the 2 being built (plans may have changed?).

I know that FSS/Straight KU has power limits... are they restricted to using only 120 watts max per Tr due to the closeness of the spacing?

-B

After looking at all of the reveiws so far it is still in my best intrest to keep my 121 SuperDish and just get the bracket kit as i like my 121 Superdish as in the worst of rain storms i still have great signal.

JohnH,
Hey, i was wondering mainly as I am on the fringe of the reception capabilities really. I need a 6 footer to get about 70-75% on 119 as an fyi ;0 I can get 121 though, but not 105. I would need an 8 or 10 for 105. 121 comes in at about 55-65% on a 6 here. If AMC16 & ANIK F3 are the same sort of power/footprint then I am ok ;0 I really wish i could find some better specs on this satt! ;0

-B

Bountykiller said:
JohnH,
Hey, i was wondering mainly as I am on the fringe of the reception capabilities really. I need a 6 footer to get about 70-75% on 119 as an fyi ;0 I can get 121 though, but not 105. I would need an 8 or 10 for 105. 121 comes in at about 55-65% on a 6 here. If AMC16 & ANIK F3 are the same sort of power/footprint then I am ok ;0 I really wish i could find some better specs on this satt! ;0

-B
I suspect Anik F3 will be better than AMC-16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts