FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

Pepper said:
So is this something that's never been done before or is there some kind of weird European LNB that would work?
I have not seen one which will work in a Legacy configuration.

There is one which will work for FTA, but notice the Local Oscillator is 10.5 Mhz instead of the 10.750 Mhz required for Legacy KuFSS. Maybe one can rip it apart and adjust it. :)

http://www.eagleaspen.com/admin/product/fujian/file_38.pdf

So far, it looks like DiSHPro Plus may be The solution.

Last edited:
Do you guys know when the Dish1000+ will be available? I'm moving from D* to E* and can only have one dish (no SE view). I know that many people say that the 129 can't be viewed here in South Florida but 2 retailers here told me they have installed the Dish1000 and reception is good. I hope the 1000+ can be a little better .

Thanks

Sergio

JohnH said:
I just tilted the mast on the 30" dish to get 148. Looks better with it pointing at the ground. :)

hmmm....

I was first told that 148W was impossible from Florida...but E*, but even from the commercial satellite people that do the uplinks from Central Florida including Disney. They said I would need a 3M to 6M Dish to accomplish it.

They ran all types of programs and showed me the printouts - that it was impossible.

So, for my first attempt, just because I had it sitting around, I threw up a Dish 500 at it. To my surprise, I was able to get about a 52 on E* 6000 Signal meter.

I went back to them with that info to find out how much higher I would have to go to get a signal in the 80s - and they said I was already in uncharted territory that the computers says is impossible. Thus my experiments with 148W from Florida have been interesting as I have been on my own.

And, FWIW, here's the first attempt several years ago at 148W with a Dish 500.....pointed right at the ROOF!!!!! Better yet, it worked!

Sounds like a little bit of this and that with these dishes. Circular DBS then Linear FSS then Curcular FSS. Next up - Linear DBS (or does that even exist?)

slimoli said:
Do you guys know when the Dish1000+ will be available? I'm moving from D* to E* and can only have one dish (no SE view). I know that many people say that the 129 can't be viewed here in South Florida but 2 retailers here told me they have installed the Dish1000 and reception is good. I hope the 1000+ can be a little better .

Thanks

Sergio

Sergio - now have the Dish 500 you see in the above picture pointed at 129.

129W is space junk. I cannot get that across enough.

I have sat there and watched the signal 2 days ago without a cloud in the sky fall from 80 to 55 over the course of 10 minutes...only to pop back up and repeat the cycle over and over again.

Many have noted the same phenomenon from all over the USA with 129W...the signal just drops considerably for no explainable reason.

Read the Atlanta local threads on various website. They have the Atlanta HD-LIL on 129W and its a disaster. People in Atlanta with the Dish 100 can only get between 60 and 70 on 129W with a Dish 1000 and its goodbye at the slightest sprinkle.

This afternoon I had no clouds in the sky in front of the Dish 500 and the signal disappeared below the receiver Threshold to lock. I actually went to the roof to look - and I though not a cloud around me - I could see a thunderhead - so I went back in and looked at the local weather radar - it was 75 miles away from me and knocking out 129W.

SPACE JUNK.

If Atlanta, which has its HD Locals there now is screaming bloody murder is having the problems with a Dish 1000 and I have a Dish 500 aimed right for 129W and having this much of an issue in Central Florida, how much luck do you think you will have 24/7/365 with a Dish 1000 in South Florida despite what retailers might tell you.

I'll tell you right now you won't be happy.

Smith said:
Invacom LNBF would be easy to mod comparing to Dish DP LNBF;
there are two ways to do it - try to contact Invacom _sales_ department and convince them make 1000 LNBF at least ( remember it should be profitable for the company ) or give the LNBF to one of us for dissecting :).

Smith said:
Sure, just send it to me :D.

HDTVFanAtic said:
I have a Invacom Quad 031 just sitting here - got a great price on it - $39 only to find out I needed the C120 Flange instead of a 40mm Horn on the 1.2 it was destined for.

It fits on a Toroidal, even though its a big puppy!

I will find a use for it eventually, but if you are serious about cracking the case and seeing if you can reverse the polarity on it, message me some info and I'll have it in the mail this week.

If you are successful, I'd probably have some others done as well!

Said it last night and will say it again...if you are serious on trying it, message me your address.

HDTVFanAtic

Thank you very much for your comments. I have to give up on Dish and stay with D* despite the terrible HD-LITE and SD picture. I live in a condo with only SW vew and there is no way I can get the 61.5. I had Dish before and will be back if they move the VOOM channels to any satellite I can point to .

Sergio

HDTVFanAtic said:
129W is space junk. I cannot get that across enough.

I have sat there and watched the signal 2 days ago without a cloud in the sky fall from 80 to 55 over the course of 10 minutes...only to pop back up and repeat the cycle over and over again.

Many have noted the same phenomenon from all over the USA with 129W...the signal just drops considerably for no explainable reason.

The satellite is on its last legs, the momentum wheels are broke so it turns out of position constantly, only to be turned back to pointing at the earth via a thruster. The estimated amount of fuel now is down to less than 40 months because of the constant corrections. Maybe they will eventually move E6 over there. The replacement satellite for 129 is 18 months or so away.

I too have watched the 129w signal cycle about every 20 minutes (that was about a month ago). Clear skies and it'll go from the low 60s to the upper 30s to low 40s and then back to the low 60s ago. It depends on the TPs as well. I get a bit stronger signal from TPs 10, 11 and 12 (upper 60s to low-mid 70s) than I do on any other TP on that sat.

They're actually constantly correcting it's position? That's a pathetic joke. I sincerely hope they replace it, much sooner than later. As it stands now, any of the programming on it is essentially only viewable in 20-minute segments, with LOS lasting 30-seconds to 2-4 minutes... :(

I knew there were problems with 129 but never heard it spelled out so clearly. Is this a condition that is just going to continue to get worse over time?

I guess what irks me the most is that E* doesn't see any problem with charging subs for HD channels that are, at best, only marginally watchable - particularly during cloudy/rainy days (which we get a lot of here in the NW, as you know) and not offering either 1) some kind of discount on the package until something is done to rectify the problem, or 2) telling us they plan on moving a decent sat there to resolve the problem.

I would imagine that if anything else (electronic/mechanical) goes wrong with the sat at 129, the situation would likely get worse, sure.

mike123abc said:
The satellite is on its last legs, the momentum wheels are broke so it turns out of position constantly, only to be turned back to pointing at the earth via a thruster. The estimated amount of fuel now is down to less than 40 months because of the constant corrections. Maybe they will eventually move E6 over there. The replacement satellite for 129 is 18 months or so away.

cebbigh said:
I knew there were problems with 129 but never heard it spelled out so clearly.

Agreed!

Thanks!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)