FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

i got the perfect solution line up a dozen dish300 single lbn's one for each sat it has to be cheaper then replaceing dishes every year! lol i am so confused i wanted to go to hd but with dishes changing so often and lease fees and upgrade fees i just wonder how any one can justify the price a $15.00 movie and another $10 for soda and popcorn is looking pretty good right now!

International Services Moving to 118.7 Orbital Slot

This just in:

DISH Network will begin broadcasting the following International languages from the 118.7 orbital location. This new orbital location will be viewed with a DISH 500+ (which also includes 110/119) or with a DISH 1000+ (including 110/119/129). Look for complete details on these new products this week at Team Summit & the 6/14 Retailer Chat.

The new 118.7 Dish installation kits will be available for purchase beginning on or about June 15th.

All languages not listed below, are currently and permanently available from either the 148 or 61.5 orbital locations.

International languages moving to 118.7 orbital location:

* South Asian – Kannada
* South Asian – Bangla
* South Asian – Malayalam
* South Asian – Telugu
* French
* African
* Armenian
* Filipino
* German
* Chinese
* Korean

Last edited:
mike123abc said:
Dish lists the problems with their satellites in their quarterly and annual reports. After all if a $100 million satellite only lasts 40 more months instead of the original 10 years design life is was supposed to have left, they want it disclosed they will be spending another boatload of $$ to replace it.

E5 is going to last close to its expected lifetime range.

E5 was launched in September 1999.

E5 has already been up 6 years 8 months. So if E5 hangs in there for 40 months it will be about 10 years old. Yes it would be a bit early of a death (look how old E1&2 are) but it is far better then the space junk known as E4.

In regards to moving the Korean languages to 118.75, Will this be all 6 Korean channels?
Right now you can get all 6 on 61.5 and 148, but you can only get 4 of the 6 channels on 121.

Second question, "Are there plans to discontinue programming on 121?"

Won't be long before the free KBS from 121 for most subscriptions is gone; and
for brief periods of the day, the free TV JAPAN will probably go unless you get a second dish for these.

Last edited:
RVD420 said:
E5 is going to last close to its expected lifetime range.

E5 was launched in September 1999.

E5 has already been up 6 years 8 months. So if E5 hangs in there for 40 months it will be about 10 years old. Yes it would be a bit early of a death (look how old E1&2 are) but it is far better then the space junk known as E4.

I don't care how you look at it, its space junk NOW.

As it causes MASSIVE ERRORS which lock up a 622 and a ViP211 which cause you to need to reboot the unit, do a new check switch and redownload the program guide taking somewhat near 15 minutes missing the entire show you wanted to see......ITS SPACE JUNK NOW.

I wonder why they are not talking about the HD LIL channels on 118.7 in that announcement.

I've heard that the Locals on the 118.7 will be moved, anyway. (129 or the 110). The 118.7 is for internationals to free up space for HD on the 129. This is what tech support tells me(for whatever THAT'S worth), so don't rip me to shreds if you think differently.:)

I wish they'd stop putting HD on 129 when it's a piece of junk. If they were planning on replacing that sat soon and were making it public info, I might feel differently about it, but as it stands, 129 is junk and watching HD on it causes my 622 to lock up if I don't change the channel every time that sat goes through a LOS cycle.

If I try to record anything off the channels on that sat, it causes my 622 to do an auto-reboot about 60% of the time. The rest of the time, the recordings have LOS digital blockiness in them where I lose 30-seconds to 2-4 minutes of the movie/program, depending on what TP the channel is on.

They really need to replace it...seriously.

It sucks that NONE of this got addressed at Team Summit. As if the problem doesn't exist. Or is the new 1000.2 the answer? I am so anxious to see how the new 1000.2 performs compared to the old 1000. Also about how much the dish is gonna sell for.

I will be using the VIP 622. Is the bird at 118.7KU a future bird not in use at this time?

I live where it snows and rains all the time. Is the best choise for a dish for DN the Dish 1000 plus? I wanted to get a dish slightly larger that might have more gain during bad weather. Thoughts?

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
This just in:

DISH Network will begin broadcasting the following International languages from the 118.7 orbital location. This new orbital location will be viewed with a DISH 500+ (which also includes 110/119) or with a DISH 1000+ (including 110/119/129). Look for complete details on these new products this week at Team Summit & the 6/14 Retailer Chat.

The new 118.7 Dish installation kits will be available for purchase beginning on or about June 15th.

All languages not listed below, are currently and permanently available from either the 148 or 61.5 orbital locations.

International languages moving to 118.7 orbital location:

* South Asian – Kannada
* South Asian – Bangla
* South Asian – Malayalam
* South Asian – Telugu
* French
* African
* Armenian
* Filipino
* German
* Chinese
* Korean

What the hell is going to be done with 148 then?

Also with Dish 1000.1 will I be able to side mount it?

Last edited:
If Dish Network is going to go through the trouble of making a larger dish just because of the 129 issues then that tells me that they do not plan to do anything more than that for a while with the issues being experienced at 129. I thought they were going to put a better / new satellite at 129 in the near future.

ralfyguy said:
It sucks that NONE of this got addressed at Team Summit. As if the problem doesn't exist. Or is the new 1000.2 the answer? I am so anxious to see how the new 1000.2 performs compared to the old 1000. Also about how much the dish is gonna sell for.
Exactly. None of it was addressed, not that I've heard or read about. If the 1000.2 is their idea of solution to the problem, then it 1) better not cost much and 2) solve the LOS problem.

I did not see a listing for the price of the 1000.2 so maybe that is due to the fact that it is going to be the replacement to the 1000 as they may not make no more 1000 anymore and the new 1000.2 is going to be the same price. This is what I am thinking. I guess we will find out soon enough.

long_time_DNC said:
Exactly. None of it was addressed, not that I've heard or read about. If the 1000.2 is their idea of solution to the problem, then it 1) better not cost much and 2) solve the LOS problem.
Also none of the problems with the 622 got addressed either. Apparently that's not an issue, that's big enough to worry about. They were talking about all those new features for the receivers, nothing wrong with that, BUT why don't ya just start and fix the damn bugs eventually!:mad:

ralfyguy said:

And that's where i wish the Satelliteguys.us people would start asking the REAL AND HARD QUESTIONS instead of not addressing what needs to be addressed so they can be invited back next year - because at this rate, we need people that aren't scared to ask the hard questions - otherwise, you are right - every 211/411/622 out their is junk as well.

new dish design

new dish design

hello Everyone,

this is my first post here and IM new to all this tech stuff.

I just saw a new DTV elipital dish installed with the 3 LNBs, and on the inside of the home for the HD reciever it has a small inline box that says KU band and some other stuff. It was for the 22k something or other, and it is needed to get the new HD channels.

Does anyone know this new dish they are installing on the DTV systems , they only install it if you order a HD reciever.

And are they using the same 119, 110 etc. as the dish systems?

Would be very kind to get some info on the DTV new dish also. It looks like the dish people are following the DTV new dish designs.

IM no Poindexter, but I got a dog named Sherman.

When will the 1000.2 be available? I have 2 500's and it ain't quite there yet for 129. No longer have recordings seize up like with the 1000 but picture breakup every 20-30 minutes is driving me crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts