FIRST LOOK: Dish 781 HD DVR Receiver

I don't see any reason not to try to sell off the old equipment. Afterall they are selling 2800's yet. I don't think they will sell to many of these renumbered rejects.

I think it's a heck of an idea. The equipment is perfectly workable, does duty as an SD box and will make SOMEONE happy, so why not? Beats the stuff ending up in a landfill, no?

kanebear said:
I think it's a heck of an idea. The equipment is perfectly workable, does duty as an SD box and will make SOMEONE happy, so why not? Beats the stuff ending up in a landfill, no?
I guess you never owned a 921. I dont think Id give one to my worst enemy!

While I am not familiar with the 921 or any of the issues. i would jump ship to Dish right now if they had a good box like this. I personally do not care about paying an extra $20 a month for an HD package that really only consists of 4-5 channels I would watch regularly. I just want to be able to record my locals OTA's in HD and from what I understand, that is exactly what this would do.
I would be in.

Tom Bombadil said:
Maybe you can find a deal on a 942, which would do what you want and do it much better than the 921/781.
That is their previous hd box correct? Will it mork at all with thier new HD lineup? I still see them for like 2-300 on ebay. If I were to do that I might as well get the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts