FIRST LOOK: Dish 781 HD DVR Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see any reason not to try to sell off the old equipment. Afterall they are selling 2800's yet. I don't think they will sell to many of these renumbered rejects.

I think it's a heck of an idea. The equipment is perfectly workable, does duty as an SD box and will make SOMEONE happy, so why not? Beats the stuff ending up in a landfill, no?

kanebear said:
I think it's a heck of an idea. The equipment is perfectly workable, does duty as an SD box and will make SOMEONE happy, so why not? Beats the stuff ending up in a landfill, no?
I guess you never owned a 921. I dont think Id give one to my worst enemy!

While I am not familiar with the 921 or any of the issues. i would jump ship to Dish right now if they had a good box like this. I personally do not care about paying an extra $20 a month for an HD package that really only consists of 4-5 channels I would watch regularly. I just want to be able to record my locals OTA's in HD and from what I understand, that is exactly what this would do.
I would be in.

Tom Bombadil said:
Maybe you can find a deal on a 942, which would do what you want and do it much better than the 921/781.
That is their previous hd box correct? Will it mork at all with thier new HD lineup? I still see them for like 2-300 on ebay. If I were to do that I might as well get the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)