First major soft drink in a can

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Looking at one of the Pickers show series last night and they showed a ”Super Coola” soft drink can. Man, did that bring back memories.

I think it was the first large scale distribution of soda in a can in New York. I grew up drinking that brand, Grape flavor was my favorite.

Yea I know guys, this was back in the 50s. :tux:

Most of you guys are too young, or maybe not even around :D

Anyway I searched the internet and found information on the product:

C&C soda cone top cans P2

Last edited:
I saw it on the show, but had never seen it before. Very cool.

I remembered when both Coke and Pepsi started using cans, parents were in an uproar because they resembled Beer Cans.

Those were the days, Coke was a guy’s drink, and Pepsi was a gal’s drink. A guy would not want to be seen drinking a Pepsi.

In Southern California, in the 50s, it didn't matter whether you liked Coke or Pepsi. I was a Pepsi guy. All in all I'd rather have a Dr. Pepper though...

And outside the perimeter (well before the perimeter opened) it was RC Cola (which btw, according to wiki, was the first to sell a soft drink in an aluminum can). :D

Yes, in a Aluminum can.

But the "Cone Top" soda cans were produced at the New York bottling plant in the late 1940's for several soda flavors (I wonder what metal was used? :eek:).

It was in 1954, that Royal Crown became the first to sell a soft drink in a flat top aluminum can. :D

Ooh-Rah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)