First Month's Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Reignfire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
NC, United States
Something seems odd. The installation went very well and the service is great but my bill seems to be too high. I signed up for the Choice Xtra with HD DVR which includes HD access in the package and I was supposed to be billed at most $54.99 a month for 12 months then $21 more a month after that. My first month's bill is $78.83? What charges could be added to my service to make it so high? I only have one room (HD DVR) set up. I'm looking at my account on the DTV website but I don't see where it lists my charges. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Under current setup it's showing my price to be 75.99 a month. Would there be a reason for them to not give me the $21 savings for the first year?

Edit 2: I e-mailed them with my questions and I'll see what their response is.

Last edited:
Call DTV and let them know. The $21 off is a rebate program and you must provide email address. You should see the rebate credits on your next statement as long as you have followed their guidelines. Best

Something seems odd. The installation went very well and the service is great but my bill seems to be too high. I signed up for the Choice Xtra with HD DVR which includes HD access in the package and I was supposed to be billed at most $54.99 a month for 12 months then $21 more a month after that. My first month's bill is $78.83? What charges could be added to my service to make it so high? I only have one room (HD DVR) set up. I'm looking at my account on the DTV website but I don't see where it lists my charges. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Under current setup it's showing my price to be 75.99 a month. Would there be a reason for them to not give me the $21 savings for the first year?

Edit 2: I e-mailed them with my questions and I'll see what their response is.

They told me i would receive a bill about 5 days after install that would not show the rebate. They said it would include instructions on how to activate the rebate by supplying an email address.

You're right about it being a rebate. I guess I didn't read the fine print and assumed it'd automatically show up on my bill w/o having to fill out a rebate.

One more question. I couldn't uncheck the premiums like HBO that are free for three months. Will these turn themselves off after the three months or will they bill me for them on the 4th month? Do I have to cancel them within the first month and pay the $10 fee? Thanks.

It will take about 2 or 3 bills before your rebate is applied. You will have to delete the premiums (HBO, etc.) after the 3 months unless you want to pay for them. They won't delete them automatically. Go ahead and keep your free premiums for the 3 months, it's a good deal. It won't cost you anything.

Yeah call after 3 months and cancel the premiums. I also got 3 months free of the HD extra pack, and I called to cancel that too. I logged onto my account the next day and the offer was available to sign up for another 3 months of hd extra so you should try that. 6 free months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts