First Rumor of 2009 - 922 Screenshot?

I was not that excited about about this piece of equipment until I saw the Scotty chat video, and now I want one. It looks good and sounds pretty cool. Honestly I did not see it as anything that appealing until I saw the video and heard what it was all about in detail and saw what it looked liked. The things that most interest me are the built in internal 1 terabyte hard drive and built in sling technology. I can see some definite uses for these if I can get a faster upload speed and some sort of gadget that will let me view it. I guess it is okay to dream.

Anyone know if a Standard remote will be able to control the 922? The new remote is cool and all, but with so many devices and my wife and kids going back and forth between them, our Logitech controller has been our savior. I would hate to have to give it up.

Anyone know if a Standard remote will be able to control the 922? The new remote is cool and all, but with so many devices and my wife and kids going back and forth between them, our Logitech controller has been our savior. I would hate to have to give it up.

Yes, I believe we heard that it would work with universal IR remotes.

It should also be noted that half of the hard drive will be for Dish Network's use (think VOD). That isn't finalized, but it is the initial report.

me and my friend thought of an idea. why dont they add an auto pause feature that can be toggled on and off. so if you want to flip the channel when a commercial comes on it automatically pauses what you were watching.

Will this be a reciever that will allow you to watch HD on one box in two different rooms?

Looks nice! Hopefully it's real :) I'm longing for the day of a dual-tuner that pushes dual HD rather than one HD and one SD. Then I'd only need one box, and this looks to be the perfect candidate if it has that feature :-D

No... unless you buy one of the new Sling Monitors they showed at CES. That monitor will get HD from the 922.

If this is the only way to get HD to another TV, then Dish is foolish.

How many customers will buy a monitor from Dish/Sling compared to the market that already own a second HD TV and would buy a sling catcher device that would work wireless, or with ethernet?

NONE.

If DISH had made the 922 be able to do hd on another tv in your house it would of been truely a great receiver. As usual they are just looking for another way to get you to buy something else: the monitor. Shortsighted as usual. I really have no reason to want this 922 except for the 1080p part and the sling guide and new interface. They could of downloaded this to my existing dvr ,except the 1080p part.

I was hoping that it would be able to sling HD video and stereo audio to a sling catcher that I could hook up to my second TV.

I was on the phone with a CSR deactivating a 722 (because it died) and I told the guy I was just going to wait until the next gen receivers came out, and he started telling me about the 922. I was shocked. He actually spoke about "vaporware"!!! I told him that I always buy my receivers, and I've owned the whole line from the 4000, 5000 up through the 921's, 942's , 721s, 622s and 722, and probably a few others in between.

He said that the 922 would be a "good one", and it should be out "shortly".

Hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)