First Screen Shot Of The Returning New "Local Weather On Demand"!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Local Weather On Demand is going to make a come back!! Another Interactive channel in the making. I have been telling you all it would return!
Click on the image to view larger. Currently on channel 480 on Sat 101 (A) TP 22. :D

Attachments

• Weather1.jpg
    Weather1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,195
yes, only is in engineering mode right now. will soon be available to everyone. Looks like it should be up on Jan. 4th at this point for everyone, but no offical word yet.

Yes, all receivers should get this new service. I'm quite sure that they don't have to be somehow enabled, like as with Wink when DirecTV used them for interactive services.

I wish they would put the interactive channel on something like channel 100 to make it easier to get to.

Can't wait to check it out!

any shots of the actual weather info? What all is included, just a forecast or is there radar, maps, etc?

Neutron said:
I wish they would put the interactive channel on something like channel 100 to make it easier to get to.

Can't wait to check it out!

I think E* is in 100. The remote also has an interactive launch button.

I know that. I just wish Directv would make this channel easier to find.

Neutron said:
I know that. I just wish Directv would make this channel easier to find.

I saw another post about a possible channel shuffle. Maybe this might get straightened out? At any rate it's nice to have. Thanks D* :)

I only got to glance at this channel briefly before I got ready to go to work this morning; how exactly does one select their local weather?

mhking said:
I only got to glance at this channel briefly before I got ready to go to work this morning; how exactly does one select their local weather?
Local weather is either selected by zip code or the old way, which was the name of the city where your locals come from. We don't quite know yet. Seems it isn't going to make it up today, that why it said it was possble. We do know it is coming soon. Possibly Scott has some newer info?

Ok, found out some more info about the channel. "Launching in February, the new DIRECTV Active(TM) channel will offer interactive, local weather information, financial market summaries and a wide range of additional interactive services.

DIRECTV Active(TM)

In February, DIRECTV customers will have access to a wide range of interactive services, which can be both personalized and localized. These new services will include daily and extended weather forecasts, financial market summaries, daily horoscopes, lottery results, pay per view and broadcast TV recommendations, as well as special DIRECTV network promotions. Using the new remote control, viewers simply push the button labeled "Active," then use their remote to navigate through the interactive features.

In addition, DIRECTV Active's video and audio components provide additional information from DIRECTV and its diverse advertising partners. Some of the features available with DIRECTV Active include:

-- Weather - Provides current and five-day local weather
forecasts for thousands of U.S. cities, as well as regional
weather maps updated throughout the day.

-- DIRECTV Mix Channels - Lets customers direct tune to the
DIRECTV Mix Channels.

-- What's Hot - Keeps customers up-to-date on the week's best
movies, series and special programming offered by DIRECTV.

-- Horoscope - Allows customers to check their daily horoscope by
clicking on their individual star sign.

-- Lottery - Offers up-to-the-minute results from the 38 state
lotteries in the United States.

Customers with non-interactive-enabled receivers will be able to view the DIRECTV Mix channels, but will not be able to listen and direct tune to the channels featured on the screen. In addition, the DIRECTV Active(TM) functionality will not be available on non-interactive-enabled receivers.

DIRECTV has been deploying interactive-capable receivers since April 2004. In February, these set-top boxes will receive a software download that will enable these interactive capabilities. The model number of this new box is the D10 basic receiver from DIRECTV."
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 6, 2005

Tivos are not interactive capable. They will not be getting this. The only current boxes are the D10s, and the upcoming XTV DVRs and I think DirecTV has stated that a high def interactive box is coming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)