First Shaw Direct Service Call - Middle TN

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
So, I'm rolling on a Shaw Direct Service call this Saturday! (Sounds like they are account sharing.) Their mount failed them (the deck it is mounted on is loose). I'm hoping I don't have to replace the dish or LNB, but if I do, what reflector size is recommended for picking up these stations from Middle TN?

More importantly, where exactly do I point? I've got the AI Turbo S2, so I don't expect any peaking problems. In the self install manual, it lists two satellite locations. 'A' at 107.3W and 'B' at 111.1W. Is one preferred over the other?

If the LNB is bad, can I use a regular universal FTA LNB as a replacement?

Anything else weird about these systems I should know?

Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Last edited:
ZandarKoad said:
So, I'm rolling on a Shaw Direct Service call this Saturday! (Sounds like they are account sharing.) Their mount failed them (the deck it is mounted on is loose). I'm hoping I don't have to replace the dish or LNB, but if I do, what reflector size is recommended for picking up these stations from Middle TN?

More importantly, where exactly do I point? I've got the AI Turbo S2, so I don't expect any peaking problems. In the self install manual, it lists two satellite locations. 'A' at 107.3W and 'B' at 111.1W. Is one preferred over the other?

If the LNB is bad, can I use a regular universal FTA LNB as a replacement?

Anything else weird about these systems I should know?

Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Use standard lnb's Not universal and a 22Khz switch your correct on the birds and will take you a whopping 60 secs if to peak on the S2. (Good choice I love my S2)

If they want the new G1 bird you will need a 1.2 meter dish and the special lnb from mike kohl. I tired for hours on a 90cm with no luck.
?

If they want the new G1 bird you will need a 1.2 meter dish and the special lnb from mike kohl. I tired for hours on a 90cm with no luck.
?

She didn't mention an upgrade, and I don't stock anything that large. I'm sure she just wants what she had before. What does the G1 give Shaw Direct customers? More channels?

Besides, G1 requires an extended Ku band LNB (for 107w). According to Mike Kohl, a 1.8 or 2.4 dish should work as far south as Memphis for G1.

correct. Shaw works all the way to Mexico...Bell cuts out about 150 miles crossing the border into the US (from the North...not the South) ;)

Well, I'm done. It went... Alright. I remounted and repeaked onto 107W with no problems. She got SOME programming after that. Many channels were telling her she needed a subscription. I told her I couldn't help her with that.

I told her to contact her broker, but she said he was a lawyer who had absolutely no technical knowledge... And she was going through a divorce and her soon to be ex-husband was good friends with the broker. Yeah, I'm not going back out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)