First Smartphone, or phone that really impressed you!

Nextel i95c

It was the first phone that I remember having a color screen.

what is the first phone or smartphone that really impressed you?

First phone that impressed me was the Motorola Bag phone I had in '86??? It enabled me to have a full time home based business I could take anywhere.

The first smart phone, that impressed me was the HP IPAQ6300. It did more stuff including have a web browser worked with BT GPS receiver and hands free and played video from my security cameras. Since then all my upgraded smart phones just got faster, better, and smarter and more trouble free but basically does little more than what I did with that old IPAQ6300.

The Nokia communicator 9100 was the first smartphone I was impressed with. Back in 2000 I was living in Germany when I bought it for1000 marks, about $600. It was the only phone I've had that could send and receive faxes.

I think the first smartphone I had that impressed me was my Sammy Blackjack.... Outstanding battery life. Great reliability, and tough as nails. I actually still have it, but it's is my daughters' phone, she talks to her imaginary friends on it. :D

I liked every phone I ever had. And of course every next one was better than the previous one.

My first truly smart phone was HP iPaq hw6515. It had GPS, two card slots: SD and miniSD and ran Windows Mobule.

The one that was really trouble-free and impressed me the most was probably HTC Tilt - a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone, which I bought back in 2007. It had high-speed Internet, GPS, TomTom navigation, multitasking, video streaming, Skype, and many other features long before iPhone got any of those. It also had sliding tilting keyboard, which was quite usable, and a microSD slot for external storage.

Today, I have iPhone 4 and I am very happy with it. It's almost perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The first smart phone would have to be the iPhone.

But, the first phone I was most impressed with was the motorola razr. I had to get it in black as soon as it came out, it was so small and sleek and you could see the caller id on the ouside before opening...

I am most definitely green to the world of smart phones, mostly had phones that were voice only. Alas just recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy s2, all I can say is wow. Our area is just now getting 4g service as well. When connected the speeds are phenomenal. There is an app for everything, it is lightweight & very fast, has an excellent camera & does hd video. Still saying wow after a few weeks of using it.

Somehow my wife remembered a phone that I missed from my lineup above, my first verizon phone was actually this LG:

1111-main-medium-lg-vx-7000.jpg

Ditto...kept it active until October 2010.

Loved that phone when it first came out. I thought it was funny that the non 3g iphone came out right after. I didn't keep it that long as the keyboard went out and sprint swapped me to the touch pro then the touch pro 2. Now I am hooked on the samsung epic running cyanogen7. Best upgrade I ever did. Nothing else really out there since I have to have a keyboard for my phone usage.

Loved that phone when it first came out. I thought it was funny that the non 3g iphone came out right after. I didn't keep it that long as the keyboard went out and sprint swapped me to the touch pro then the touch pro 2. Now I am hooked on the samsung epic running cyanogen7. Best upgrade I ever did. Nothing else really out there since I have to have a keyboard for my phone usage.

I kept the Mogul because I loved the $30 unlimited data plan on Sprint. My wife still has her Epic, although she rarely uses it for texting, email or Internet. I didn't think I could live without a keyboard, but I'm happy with my HTC EVO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)