First snow storm...having problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have a 30" ku dish from PSB. It was working fine but today we had an unexpected snow storm in Peoria, IL. Its about 2-3 inches on the ground. THe snow isn't heavy now, but I'm getting 0% Quality. What do you think happened? Is this normal? By the way, before it I was getting about 40% on IA6/T6. Thanks guys!

The problem is with such low signal quality as soon as it gets overcast you will loose all signal, as soon as it clears up you will have to try to get better quality and that should take care of it to some extent, but all satellite systems cut out during heavy storms, but you should be getting better quality to start with and it will help!

brians0105 said:
I have a 30" ku dish from PSB. It was working fine but today we had an unexpected snow storm in Peoria, IL. Its about 2-3 inches on the ground. THe snow isn't heavy now, but I'm getting 0% Quality. What do you think happened? Is this normal? By the way, before it I was getting about 40% on IA6/T6. Thanks guys!

What is your signal readings on a good day? Is there snow/ice on your LNB? 1 or 2 times a year I get that. Not hard to fix for me tho, reach out the bathroom window and wipe them off.

Sweeping off the dishes is a daily winter chore of any cable tv headend guy in the northern states.

I would amlost be sure snow or ice is your problem.

Wholeshoe

Pam

I USE pam or car wax on expressvu 30inch dish ,works great
live in northern canada so i see alot of snow
And yes people still trying to find amc-4
have a nice day

Another product you can try is Rain-X........

http://rainx.com/

I find the main problem with rain and even snow is the amount of moisture between the dish and the satellite, for example last friday night it was pouring with rain, so I went outside and dryed the dish off but the weak signal I was after was still cutting in and out, it helped but is not the soloution to rain fade!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)