First Strike Meter is great for pointing at G19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Awohar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Australia
I used to have a Birdog but the best C/N figures I could get was around 7-8db C/N for G19 on TP 11842. Now with the First Strike, I was able to get 11.9 C/N. Took a little getting used to but I like seeing the better numbers. Also, the Birdog didn't give me the ability to edit which transponders and symbol rates I wanted it to look for. First Strike lets me put in the frequency and the symbol rates so if something changes, I can just get the latest technical specs off the Glorystar website. My phone has web so I can do this on-site if necessary.

My BIRDOG USB PLUS works just fine. I like the custom freq set up that allows me to set 11842 to fine tune, and then change it to 12115 to peak the download freq.

I have high praise for the BIRDOG. You do have to change the settings to log to ensure sensitivity.

I just ordered a FirstStrike today and going to try one out. I hope I can do some installs of something other than Dish Network / Directv with it to bring in some additional income such as Glorystar. Been getting more calls lately from people wanting me to install Glorystar for them but without a meter I didn't want to drive a long ways to try to do the install.

I have to revise my statement on my Birdog meter after this week. Been giving me either false signals or unreliable results. Not sure which it is yet, but I'm getting "found" at the meter and nothing at the receiver?

I have to revise my statement on my Birdog meter after this week. Been giving me either false signals or unreliable results. Not sure which it is yet, but I'm getting "found" at the meter and nothing at the receiver?

This reminds me of when I am using my signal meter with the needle on it, it will indicate signal when pointing towards a tree when I know it is not getting a signal.

T4Runner said:
Yup... I'll be buying another meter soon. Not sure which one yet...

We highly recommend the Super SatBuddy. Know dozens of installers who own one and rave about the performance. I have used one on several occasions and it is the best meter, hands down.... that I have ever tested.

We highly recommend the Super SatBuddy. Know dozens of installers who own one and rave about the performance. I have used one on several occasions and it is the best meter, hands down.... that I have ever tested.

Thank you for the recommendation. I value any suggestion from you guys! It only takes money....

First Strike Meter seems excellent so far. It finds them really fast and advertises to be the quickest on the market. It is also the cheapest and allows you to edit the freq and SR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts