first-water-powered-car

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon before we hear about an "accident" about this inventor? Sounds like a dream come true and if it is true the middle east oil would become irrevalent . I guess we would be fighting over the high price of water soon enough.

Last edited:
This sort of thing has been floating around for decades. The story even links to an article with a similar claim from 1969. If it worked, it would be everywhere and he would be insanely rich.

Add this to the "infinite compression algorithm" and the windmill on top of cars to generate power to drive the cars to make the windmill turn to .......

If it worked, it would be everywhere and he would be insanely rich. .......

Being from a GM auto workers family of several generations and having lived in the motor city there are several stories that go around on a regular basis about inventors who have made fuel miser carbs allowing cars to go 60 - 90 miles on a gallon of gas that were bought up by the auto makers and shelved or one inventor that suddenly vanished one day. There is also a couple of stories about prototype vehicles that got acidently sent out to a dealers lot and purchased and the owner suddenly not only finds that he was able to drive from the midwest to california on 2 tanks of gas but now the automaker is standing at his/her door and offering them big cash to buy the car back. These stories have gone around for years and wether they are true or not no one knows for sure but I would have to believe that the internal combustion engine would be able to advance more than it has over the last 100+ years and I could definitely see big industries such as oil not wanting such tech to get out.

One thing that I wonder if anyone has considered is wether or not this would impact the limited fresh water we have in this world?

For those "mockers" (squid-based) :) Just know that the DoD had the Internet and TCP/IP in the 60's

I actually sent this to my brother who said Oil and Gas are the wave of the next 100-years. I also said "I told ya so" to him.

Let's see- they ran this idea thru in 1969, and it never came to anything. They've been running this thru again for the last few years, and it's going nowhere.

Your brother might be kind and provide a little salt for your words when you eat them. ;)

Or- this and cold fusion work, and we're about to enter a period of nirvana.

Wouldn't it be nice if it really worked? But if it did, surely by now they'd have a few believers and it would be on the market.

For those "mockers" (squid-based) :) Just know that the DoD had the Internet and TCP/IP in the 60's
Actually TCP/IP wasn't invented until the mid-70's and TCP/IP v4, as we know it now, came about towards the end of the decade.

The Internet wasn't the Internet until Jan 1st, 1983. Before that it was referred to ARPANet. Jan 1 marked the day when they implemented TCP/IP allowing more then 1000 hosts to communicate that was the limit under NCP.

Anyways, back on topic of a water powered fuel source. It's a hoax. Chemestry, Physics, and Thermodynamic Laws proves how his "invention" can not work. You can not split water molecules only to recombust the oxygen and hydrogen no matter what their configuration and come out with a net gain of energy.

Here is a thread with more information on this type of a hoax. Also google "Brown Gas" for similar types of discussions.

Here is a real nice engine that was developed that gets lots more horsepower with 150 miles per gallon or runs on air with few movable parts, very cheap and lightweight:

http://www.angellabsllc.com/index.html

That's a pretty impressive engine. How are the pistons in the cylinders connected to the crank? There would have to be a slot running the circumference of the swept piston area.

Chemestry, Physics, and Thermodynamic Laws also proves a Bumble Bee can't Fly?
Based on the science that allows airplanes to fly, you are correct. There isn't sufficient lift created due to the relatively small wings and large bodies of bees. But you also mst say then that there is no way for helicopters to fly either as there isn't enough surface area on their wings (propellers) to generate enough lift.

The thing is that a different model must be used when looking at how a helicopter can fly as compared to how a plane can fly. Similarly, a bumble bee flys more like a helicopter then a plane. The bee rapidly flaps it's wings, creating tiny vorticies behind the wing that provide the lift.

So this whole story was made up? I don't think so. Why is it so hard for people to believe something like this could be done.

I agree cdru. I'm 51 now, when I was probably 8-10 years old, I was told Helicopters were designed based on the way a Bumble Bee flies, and I was then told, this Myth. And, it seems just as reasonable now, as it did then.

Al

So this whole story was made up? I don't think so. Why is it so hard for people to believe something like this could be done.
I don't believe it's made up either. I also believe the Powers that be, will not allow this to happen, especially by a newcomer. Although, I don't think they would do it themselves, unless they did it for themselves. I remember a simular story about a man doing this, back in the 70's. He was later found dead and his plans disappeared. Who knows? But the General Public will never get to use something like this, either way.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Snowing here In Peridot,Arizona

Free 64MB USB Drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts